With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Digimon story ideas and themes you are sick off, and ones you would like to see

I come from the net Master-Element's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    This is a problem I have with most anime, but I wish more didn't take place in highschool.

Tri is supposed to be an anniversary series for fans who grew up with it, but I'm in my 20's so high school is so far from my mind that it makes it hard to relate too.

I always laugh at myself and say it just means I am too old for anime though.
    So you are saying you want to see protagonists that are at least young adults?
    I'm the sprite artist formerly known as Digi-Brigade

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Element View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    This is a problem I have with most anime, but I wish more didn't take place in highschool.

Tri is supposed to be an anniversary series for fans who grew up with it, but I'm in my 20's so high school is so far from my mind that it makes it hard to relate too.

I always laugh at myself and say it just means I am too old for anime though.
    So you are saying you want to see protagonists that are at least young adults?
    I would quite like that, TBH.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Tired of Seeing
    Yggdrassil
    Royal Knights
    Non-traditional evolutions (Frontier, Xros Wars)

Would Like to See
    Data - Virus - Vaccine triangle being applied to the battles.
    Calm down with the power creep. Mega levels are cool too, ya know? Joggress/ModeChage/Burst are cool and all. . .and probably sell more toys, but meh.
    Split evolution paths. If Armor Digivolving didn't become ineffective they could've accomplished it with 02.

I want to see Human-on-Digimon romance. Like Taistemon except more elaborated on.

What I'm tired of:
    Shipping child characters
    Dropped character development threads
    Shipping between humans and digimon
    Goggleboy and Rival stealing the spotlight
    Shipping of any kind
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    What I'm tired of:
    Shipping child characters
    Dropped character development threads
    Shipping between humans and digimon
    Goggleboy and Rival stealing the spotlight
    Shipping of any kind
    Shipping? could you explain that?

So the list so far that I'm taking under consideration for my game is
    1. No google boy
    2. Characters that are at least young adults
    3. Have the Virus/Data/Vaccine tringle affect battle (Had some thoughts on that)
    4. Don't have Royal Knights vastly overpowered compared to other Ultimates(If featured)
    Anything else anyone would like added to the list?

Also a romance between a human and digimon seems kind of like murky terriotory, for instance if the digimon is not humanoid it could be seen a bestiality, even with a digimon like renamon you get furry going lol. And it seems kinds gerneric to do a digimon like angewomon
    Although it would be great to see a debate in a game or show of Digimon human relationships rights, one group saying it's wrong and another saying its not. Could get a whole movement thing going lol.
    I could see a platonic relationship, I'm a writer and so I think of ideas worth writing about and I recently had this idea of a young boy who has a renamon partner who acts like his big sister, but then she evolves to a Kyubimon and it changes the dynamic of their relationship because it cause her to mature and start acting more like a mother then a big sister which causes conflict lol I thought it was cute, at least

Sorry, "Shipping" is internet shorthand for "Relationshipping" or "putting two characters in a romantic relationship". And I want that shit out of Digimon as much as possible. If I wanted romance, I can find MUCH better stories and characters that can properly explore the subject. Digimon is pretty much the worst place to get romance I can think of...
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Sorry, "Shipping" is internet shorthand for "Relationshipping" or "putting two characters in a romantic relationship". And I want that shit out of Digimon as much as possible. If I wanted romance, I can find MUCH better stories and characters that can properly explore the subject. Digimon is pretty much the worst place to get romance I can think of...
    So your tired of human relationshiping right? when have they ever done one between a human and digimon, besides like their bond in a platonic way so the digimon can reach ultimate or whatever?
    Then again if I do ault characters romance would fit a lot better for instance if a guy has a child digimon as a partner ho still act childish it might get jealous if he is in a relationship and tells him to buzz off while the guy is romancing his lady. Last thing I would want is an agumon like the one from savers demanding that we play video games while I'm cooking my girlfriend a valentiens dinner lol.
    But I do get your point the romance thing is played out to me because its always among children with the ackward I'm still figuring out how to do this angle
    Last edited by Master-Element; 03-17-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Ain't got no mojo... H A K A S E's Avatar
    I want the characters to give their Digimon nicknames because if you just call your Digimon by it's species' name when there are others of the same species around it just gets stupid.

I don't want the Digimon Analyzer to give any information beyond name, type, and special attack; when it starts saying things like "Imperialdramon Dragon Mode is the strongest Digimon there is" or "From an evil scale of 1-10, Gazimon would be an 11", the racism makes me physically cringe. Speaking of racism, I also don't want all virus types to be bad or all vaccine types to be good.

Also, will you be using dub or sub terminology?
    キーモン:ブラストモード
    (Kiimon Blast Mode)

I second H A K A S E's suggestion about not wanting all viruses to be evil/all vaccines to be good. There is precedent for that after all, look at Wormmon and Guilmon for example.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast