With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Digimon story ideas and themes you are sick off, and ones you would like to see

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
    OK, it's just that you guys make it seem like adding anymore Digimon to the roster, is itself a herculean task.
    I think you should go try out RPG Maker 2003 or something. Try making a very very simple 1-hour game all by yourself. Use as many of the assets that the maker provides you to make things easier on yourself. Try out all the options and don't worry about the results. I think the experience will help you understand just how difficult actually making a game of any kind really is. And it'll be fun!
    I don't mean fan made games, I mean actual games made by proper developers. :/ You make it sound like THEM adding 100 new Digimon to a game is too much. :/ Can you guys please stop being so pedantic?

I'm not being pedantic, I'm trying to be constructive and understanding because I think you really care about Digimon and I hope one day you'll be a positive contributor to discussion on this forum. I suppose that day is not today.

Because flat out, everyone in this thread has told you bluntly that you're wrong. Yet you refute it constantly without even the possible consideration that maybe, just maybe, when five people correct you about an assumption, that you rethink it.

Now I want to believe that your assertion comes from a lack of knowledge instead of a lack of caring. Because if it's the latter and you've made up your mind and don't care to rethink it, then at least have the courtesy not to keep stating it as fact despite all evidence.

I come from the net Master-Element's Avatar
    @Takeshi55
    Jay is right, your talking to several people me included that actually tried our hand at doing the kind of thing that you seem to think is easy, nor have any experience at attempting, and we are telling you that it may not be rocket science but it takes time and effort every hour off which costs money, that Bandia Namco is not going to throw at a digimon game because they are not money makers anymore. And even if you have only ten characters to work with it takes a lot of resources and time to create a workable game. Look at portal two barely any characters to make models for and the physics alone take years. I know that digimon is generally not a platform game, but even in an rpg you have to program in everything to prevent any kind of errors or glitches, this could be anywhere from starting the end game cinematic causing the game to crash to a character stepping an one spot in one level of the game makes the hud disappear to everything in between.

Now lets get back on topic, because this is going nowhere.

So are there any reoccuring themes in digimon that people not only don't want to see, but actually want the reverse to happen because it's so overused.
    The one that comes to mind for me, is in every digimon serial Leomon's always get killed. I recently found out there is one in tri who is as usual a good helping character and he gets killed, once again in a pointless way that serves little purpose. I mean Leomon in tamers was a big deal, it effected everyone from the Google boy to Leomon's Tamer, heck even Beezlebumon who killed him, and changed the course of the rest of the show. But like Saber leomon in Adventure, and many other Leomon deaths they don't add anything to the story and just serves to piss off Leomon fans like me.
    Last edited by Master-Element; 03-06-2017 at 06:07 PM.
    I'm the sprite artist formerly known as Digi-Brigade

Because you keep on making it seem having 100 more Digimon in the next DS game is impossible. ;_; No need to be so mean to me!
    Last edited by Takeshi55; 03-06-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
    Because you keep on making it seem having 100 more Digimon in the next DS game is impossible. ;_; No need to be so mean to me!
    Well, I tried offering you an olive branch. I suggested a method by which you could educate yourself on the topic and maybe get some experience in a fun way. And you called me pedantic.

And still you're persisting in your false claim, only now the claim is "it's not impossible to have 100 more Digimon in the next DS game" instead of "I don't see why it's hard to have 100 more Digimon in the next DS game."

Obviously it's not impossible, no one is debating that. Impossible is rarely a useful argument in discussing future events. But there are challenges to the event that make it pretty unlikely. It is not in the scope of this thread nor this forum to detail every challenge that making games present. There are literally hundreds of youtube channels and forums and news sites which cover that very topic exclusively! And if someone wants to list them all here with bullet points, they're welcome to, but in no way required to. I suggest you educate yourself on the subject in any of numerous ways.

Until you do, you might want to stick to topics of discussion you're more familiar with. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm really not. I just want you do better and try harder to be self-critical when posting.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Word association time!

The key phrase is "discontinuity."
    Come read my fanfic, Digimon: Days of Ruin! (Warning: NSFW)

In a word, Alphamon.

Particularly 2 things about him: His strength, and the Ouryuken.

His strength is, quite frankly, ridiculous in most appearances. While I understand many digimon's power fluctuates between interpretations, and the Royal Knights are more often than not depicted as being strong even among most other Megas/Ultimates, Alphamon tends to be in a class of his own. If you ask who would win in a fight between almost any digimon and Alphamon, people are going to almost immediately say Alphamon. In Tri, Alphamon simply shrugs off the attacks of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon. While I understand that he should be strong, I don't think he needs to be quite so exaggerated. He really should just be one more strong digimon. I'm not saying he needs to suffer any humiliating defeats to PlatinumNumemon, but I'd certainly like to seem him not so often dealing out one-sided beatdowns. The only feasible reason he should start with the overwhelming advantage against most is...

The Ouryuken. My issue here, is that it is almost never treated as what it's supposed to be, Ouryumon fully devoting it's strength to attack, and lending that power to Alphamon. Unfortunately, in the vast majority of its appearances, it's simply something Alphamon can pull out whenever he feels like it, as if it's just a standard Alphamon ability. This is not the case, and treating it as such entirely denies Ouryumon's existance for the sake of fellating Alphamon. Indeed, Ouryumon's appearances pale in comparison to Alphamon's, rarely being included in games/shows/manga.

I've a few other gripes concerning Alphamon, but I think these are the biggest.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Eh, the Royal Knights in general are annoyingly overpowered.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Oh, they are for sure, but as a whole they at least have the excuse of being a group generally depicted as being strong, more often than not chosen by Yggdrasil. They should be strong. Just not able to go unscathed against anything short of a world-ending force.

This is a problem I have with most anime, but I wish more didn't take place in highschool.

Tri is supposed to be an anniversary series for fans who grew up with it, but I'm in my 20's so high school is so far from my mind that it makes it hard to relate too.

I always laugh at myself and say it just means I am too old for anime though.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast