With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Levels for Digimon (no not like the Dragon Ball series)!

Post Power Levels for Digimon (no not like the Dragon Ball series)!

So you know how in the Appmon franchise they have this thing called "Power" that determines how powerful those certain Appmon are? Well I figured it would be a fun idea to do the same thing for the father franchise, Digimon!

There are three factors that go to determining what Power range that Digimon will be given: Level, general information, and representation in anime and/or other media. I will be using Susanoomon as an example (since he's essentially the precursor to the God Grade Appmon by his appearance).

Susanoomon
    Level: Mega/Ultra

Info: In his Reference Book entry it explains how he is an immensely powerful Digimon and how he has the power to destroy an existing system and create a new one. His special moves include Celestial Blade that can slice everything in the world with his holy blade emanating from his weapon and Heaven's Thunder that can rain heavy bolts of lightning down upon his foes.

Representation: Using next 0rder (the PS4 version) as an example, Susanoomon was labelled as an Ultra (or Super Ultimate) Level Digimon that has top notch stats as well as some powerful abilities that he can learn. Note: I have yet to play the actual game at this time of writing so forgive me if I'm wrong on this.

In conclusion I'd say Susanoomon's Power would be 300000~350000. If you believe I am wrong with my decision by all means feel free to discuss! Also, feel free to make any suggestions over how I should improved this new series I made.
    Come read my fanfic, Digimon: Days of Ruin! (Warning: NSFW)

I come from the net viperzerof-2's Avatar
    you say
    300000~350000. what do you mean? I have a lot of theories on this based on games over the years.

In the deepest pits of hell, and the deep reaches of space... Occasionally both.
    Follow Xadhoom on DeviantArt Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel
    I'll tell you the same thing I tell everybody on Reddit who ask about power levels like this: The franchise doesn't work like that. Digimon PL are fluid, not fixed - they can start at a certain point, and raise them via mundane means such as training. Per the Story games, this goes so far that In-Trainings can compete evenly with Mega levels.

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    ^adding to that even the same digimon vary in power and the whole weakness system of Virus-Vaccine-Data
    Digimon Split Timeline Theory
    http://i.imgur.com/aXSNbBj.png
    Digimon All Evolution Trees
    http://imgur.com/a/osxRA

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Moved this to the forum games section, since DigiKing Tamer's original suggestion sounds like it should be taken in that spirit. We've already had plenty of power level discussions that immediately devolve into "my favorite Digimon could beat up your favorite Digimon."
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net viperzerof-2's Avatar
    I think a more meaningful idea is the difference between levels. How much stronger is an ultimate then a champion etc.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I've found one thread in another forum where one guy called Zeromaru X (which is a well reputated guy among the Spanish-speaker fandom of Digimon who knows A LOT about the franchises, and leads one of the main Hispanic Digimon sites called Digisoul.net), makes a power classification of the most iconic Digimon along the franchise, including animes, mangas, videogames and more stuff, based in objective criteria: http://fdzeta.com/temas/the-tier-list-theme.108210/. If you're into this kind of things, you may like it! Hope it helps a bit

If y'all don't mind, I'd like to share my method of classifying Digimon by "power levels", although with the existence of Digimon like Lucemon and Numemon, it's not actually all that concrete. :P

Basically it goes from "Level 0" to "Level 7". Level 0 is eggs, which should be self explanatory. Levels 1 through 5 go from Baby I to Perfect as you would expect, but for Ultimate I have two levels, 6.1 and 6.2. 6.1 is for "basic" Ultimates while 6.2 is for stuff like mode changes (Beelzebumon: Blast Mode, Rosemon: Burst Mode; not so much something like Duftmon: Leopard Mode which I see as less of an upgrade and more of being roughly the same "level" but specialized for different kinds of combat) and jogresses between two Ultimates (Omegamon, Chaosmon, Examon, etc).

Level 7 is for Super Ultimate, a level that not many can agree on a definition for, not even canon sources; but personally, I see Super Ultimate Digimon as not just stronger than Ultimate, but as godlike, almost eldritch beings that are so powerful and so huge that only a certain amount can exist in the digital world at one time before they start to break the fabric of existence. You know, something really special that only a few can ever hope to reach, like how Ultimate Digimon used to be back in the day- or even Perfect, if you go back far enough.

Anyway, for Armor Digimon, most of them I classify as being level 4. Except for the ones who evolve via the Digimentals of Fate and Miracles, like Magnamon or Rapidmon; those are level 5. And for Hybrid Digimon: Human Hybrid is 4, Beast Hybrid is 5, Fusion Hybrid is 6.1, Transcendent Hybrid (Kaiser Greymon and Magna Garurumon) is 6.2, and Susanoomon is 7.

Well I've geeked out enough for like... the whole week, so I hope you enjoyed that silliness :P

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Follow Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    I believe Hackmon's power level is 1400, BaoHackmon's is 12500, Saviormon's is 78000, and Jesmon's is 315000.
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

In the deepest pits of hell, and the deep reaches of space... Occasionally both.
    Follow Xadhoom on DeviantArt Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
    I believe Hackmon's power level is 1400, BaoHackmon's is 12500, Saviormon's is 78000, and Jesmon's is 315000.
    Hackmon is itself explicit confirmation of the fact that power levels aren't static.

Not only that, but without any definition of what they measure or are measured by, the numbers are meaningless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast