With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: More Digimon Being Added to Appmon Data Carddass Game- Updated Info and Images

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

More Digimon Being Added to Appmon Data Carddass Game- Updated Info and Images

We first found out Agumon would be appearing in the Appmon Data Carddass card/arcade game just a few days ago as part of the Digimon 20th Anniversary celebration.

We already have a trailer that reveals a few more details!

It appears Agumon will Warp Evolve to WarGreymon without using Appmon's pre-existing Appfuse system.

We also get a much better look at the Agumon card in the trailer, along with our first look at the WarGreymon card.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Interesting looking art for both of them, it has a clean cel shaded look.

And if you look carefully at the WarGreymon card, you might notice something else... Agumon won't be alone!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Gabumon will also be appearing, along with warp evolving into MetalGarurumon.

And of course, where WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon appear...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Omegamon!

They refer to the WarGreymon/MetalGarurumon combination with the traditional 'gattai', it appears to work the same as the games pre-existing appfuse system (which makes sense, since it's functionally identical to the way you'd expect WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon to combine.)

The Digimon 20th material is currently scheduled to be added to the Data Carddass game on March 16th, so it'll be a short wait.

Especially interesting, is while the cards have the CP (and SEC) marker to show they are going to be among the more rare cards, they have normal numbers, suggesting they aren't special promotional cards, but normal cards included in the 3rd set of Appmon Data Carddass cards...

Also... one seems to be missing... Agumon is listed as 3-047, Gabumon is 3-048, WarGreymon is 3-049, MetalGarurumon is 3-050.... and then Omegamon is 3-052. So who is 3-051?

And in addition, with the new 3rd series of cards and the Digimon cards being added, they are redesigning the artwork on the machines to have an Appmon/Digimon marquee, along with adding images of the Digimon cards to where they show off some of the cards

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Looks like Digimon fans will have some neat Appmon cards to look forward to.

Hopefully we get translations and more details soon, because it looks rather neat.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... UlforceGreymon's Avatar
    what type of game is this and can we get it for the west but as a android game

Quote Originally Posted by UlforceGreymon View Post
    I've never been the biggest Data Carddass fan (I tend to just like to look at the art) but here are the details as I recall...

Data Carddass is a Bandai franchise based around collectible cards that interact with branded arcade machines.

So if you have Appmon Data Carddass cards, you'd use them on the Appmon Data Carddass arcade machine.

You have the game scan your collectible cards as part of the game (and I believe the cards store limited amounts of data on them.)

I'm unsure if there are rules/etc. to use the cards as a standalone card game.

If you get the cards on their own, especially outside of Japan, they are effectively just collectible cards.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... UlforceGreymon's Avatar
    they could use this system and make a android appmon game.

they could use this system and make a android appmon game.
    They could, but they would be unlikely to actually bring out the cards.

They could make it an iOS/Android game and just have the cards be 'digital' cards (much in the same way Heroes does for character cards.)

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Cool! Just in case anyone was wondering, the four numbers at the bottom of each card are, from left to right, HP, Strength, Defense, and Speed. I guess the green attack is supposed to be more powerful than the red attack? Agumon's got Baby Flame and Sharp Claws, Gabumon's got Petit Fire and Horn Attack, WarGreymon has Gaia Force and Dramon Killer, MetalGarurumon has Cocytus Breath and Garuru Tomahawk, and Omegamon, oddly enough, has "Garuru Cannon & Grey Sword" as his green attack, while his red attack is simply "Slash."

It's an arcade game that uses cards.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I dind that Gabumon pose quite adorable!

:3

There are some interesting technical things in that trailer... Gabumon, MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon are all using "last-gen" models (used from Another mission up to Decode) while Agumon and Omegamon are based on their current gen (Cyber Sleuth,N0, Linkz) models but with heavily reduced polygon count. If that was really necessary it wouldn't surprise me if the appmon arcades still used the same hardware that the the Battle Terminal arcades used all those years ago....

...also, don't call me Igno.

I come from the net
    Sounds like an idea. It'd be better then not bringing the game over.

Not really. It's not that exciting of a card game. The whole appeal is mostly just the Yugioh-ish aspect of putting down your paper card and seeing it "come to life" in the game as a 3D animated model.