With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri: Part 4 Loss Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    D:You'll sure have fun. Also it was a little more than 'harrass'

I fucking knew it. =_=

I feel like I'm the only one who actually doesn't like what's going on in Tri. First of all, what's the point in the Digimon losing their memories if they don't even get them back. It feels like all they went through before was for absolutely NOTHING. They're not as close as they used to be anymore. That kind of thing is just... hurtful.
    There's seriously no point in Gennai doing that to Sora. As some people said it just feels out of place and unnecessary. Why do we need that kind of stuff in a Digimon series, let alone Adventure?
    Why the fuck did they have to bring in Yggdrasill again. It made more sense for other Digimon series' but not ADVENTURE. There's no need for that thing to appear in the Adventure universe!
    Even before this episode, all the partner Digimon getting infected and becoming violent killing machines was just depressing.

Again... Sorry if I'm nitpicking and I can't agree with everyone else. I feel bad since I think my opinions might be annoying to some people... But the Adventure series' after the original just aren't the same to me. I can't enjoy them as much. Especially when other people are pointing out their flaws.

Also sorry for tagging spoilers on my previous post, I really did think I was in the spoiler discussion thread and I didn't realize tagging spoilers wasn't needed. ^^;
    Last edited by DigiAmy; 02-24-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiAmy View Post
    D:You'll sure have fun. Also it was a little more than 'harrass'

I fucking knew it. =_=

I feel like I'm the only one who actually doesn't like what's going on in Tri. First of all, what's the point in the Digimon losing their memories if they don't even get them back. It feels like all they went through before was for absolutely NOTHING. They're not as close as they used to be anymore. That kind of thing is just... hurtful.
    There's seriously no point in Gennai doing that to Sora. As some people said it just feels out of place and unnecessary. Why do we need that kind of stuff in a Digimon series, let alone Adventure?
    Why the fuck did they have to bring in Yggdrasill again. It made more sense for other Digimon series' but not ADVENTURE. There's no need for that thing to appear in the Adventure universe!
    Even before this episode, all the partner Digimon getting infected and becoming violent killing machines was just depressing.

Again... Sorry if I'm nitpicking and I can't agree with everyone else. I feel bad since I think my opinions might be annoying to some people... But the Adventure series' after the original just aren't the same to me. I can't enjoy them as much. Especially when other people are pointing out their flaws.

Also sorry for tagging spoilers on my previous post, I really did think I was in the spoiler discussion thread and I didn't realize tagging spoilers wasn't needed. ^^;
    I guess Gennai was a peado after all and was just waiting for Sora to be legal. Anyway, why lose their memories and not get them back? well, not everything you lose comes back. The name of the film was loss, the memories are gone forever. At least some of them got to see rhe pictures off of Izzy's computer. ...I feel like he should've sown those pics off earlier, maybe then Biyomon would be a little less of a dick. Sippose she could say "that's a different Biyomon!"

While I do feel Yggdrasil (and by association the Royal Knights) to be quite over-exposed across the Digimon multi-verse, we did get to see the Sovereigns in the flashback sequence (nice to finally get them acknowledged), and the idea of him being in a war with Homeostasis is new enough that I'm cool with his inclusion.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

I guess Gennai was a peado after all and was just waiting for Sora to be legal. Anyway, why lose their memories and not get them back? well, not everything you lose comes back. The name of the film was loss, the memories are gone forever. At least some of them got to see rhe pictures off of Izzy's computer. ...I feel like he should've sown those pics off earlier, maybe then Biyomon would be a little less of a dick. Sippose she could say "that's a different Biyomon!"
    I feel like Biyomon was too mean based on what I read, and I really didn't find any jokes or lines funny when the partner Digimon lost their memories. ^^; I feel like that whole thing is too dark and depressing to fit with Digimon It feels like all the adventures they had before mean nothing now and are just being left in the dust...
    I guess I think that trope would fit more into a drama or a sad movie than a Digimon series, but that's just me.

Honestly the only good thing to come out of Tri is the possibility of some Digimon coming back and Bakumon forgetting about Maki.

While I definitely liked a lot of what came in Loss, I was not pleased with how they did the fight with Machindramon. Namely, that they decided to add in Seraphimon and HerculesKabuterimon. I felt it A) almost completely made Sora's attempts to reconnect with Biyomon fairly moot and B) kinda shunted Seraphimon to the side. Everyone else has had a big defining moment, for when they fully digivolved for the first time, but Takeru & Patamon don't? I call BS on that.

Hopefully Part 5 will start to answer some more questions, because aside from Himekawa's motivation behind the reboot, I think a lot more questions were raised than answered. Which isn't inherently a bad thing, just that we need to start getting more imo.

Probably my favourite thing is having 'Gennai' as the notable antagonist. It just feels like it ups the stakes a lot more, rather than having someone completely new, or one of the old baddies returning.

Also, who else laughed hard when Yamato and Taichi thought about going to Takeru for advice on how to help Sora?
    Last edited by SharpeBB; 02-24-2017 at 02:35 PM.

I feel like Biyomon was too mean based on what I read, and I really didn't find any jokes or lines funny when the partner Digimon lost their memories. ^^; I feel like that whole thing is too dark and depressing to fit with Digimon It feels like all the adventures they had before mean nothing now and are just being left in the dust...
    I guess I think that trope would fit more into a drama or a sad movie than a Digimon series, but that's just me.

Honestly the only good thing to come out of Tri is the possibility of some Digimon coming back and Bakumon forgetting about Maki.
    So you're okay with Tapirmon forgetting about his partner but not the main 8 forgetting about theirs? that's hypocritical.

I guess Ultimates in Tri are just nerfed. I mean, Mugendramon is slamming a helpless little girl into an ice wall and she's not even hurt. In general Mugendramon and Metal Seadramon are hard to take very seriously since it's clear that, despite being huge monsters, they are unable to inflict any serious damage on anyone.

Re: staying afloat, not that I think we should worry about the physics of it too much, but it could just be really salty.

I suppose they've entirely abandoned the idea that there's anything special about Ultimate evolution.

Piyomon's attitude was overplayed, I agree.

My opinion on the memories thing: it was dumb. They basically wrote themselves into a corner. Either a) the Digimon get all their memories back, making the whole thing cheap or b) they don't, and the Chosen and the Digimon have to re-establish their partnerships. Well, they went for (b), but there are no real consequences to it. If the Digimon had _not_ gotten their memories back, absolutely nothing would have changed in the movie except for some Sora drama and a brief scene of evolution failure that is rendered irrelevant a few minutes later.

The production value and general quality remains high. We are probably overly critical of Tri as a show.

Why can't Tri make the evolutions NOT seem rushed and last minute? This time it all seemed pretty well paced and the WarGreymon/MetalGarurumon evo sequence was done pretty well but every one after that just seemed to happen. Sora's and Biyomon's moment was nice and I kinda like how that was handled but at the same time the evolution is just so... lackluster.

As for the cliffhanger ending, it really seems like the movie wasn't actually over there. There is definitely a difference between cliffhanger and ending at a scene with some tension.

I did really love seeing the Holy Beasts at the beginning. This movie made a lot of stuff definitively canon and I'm very interested in more of Maki's and Daigo's back story. But the plot is becoming incredibly predictable.

Side note: I noticed something during the evolution sequences. Before someone suggested that when we saw the 0, 1, and 2 on the digimon, the ternary code was kind of an indicator for the infection. In this movie, I didn't notice any 2s on any of the digimon. Can anyone else confirm this? It's certainly interesting if I saw that correctly.
    We're counting on you, Chosen Children

Quote Originally Posted by CoDL View Post

Side note: I noticed something during the evolution sequences. Before someone suggested that when we saw the 0, 1, and 2 on the digimon, the ternary code was kind of an indicator for the infection. In this movie, I didn't notice any 2s on any of the digimon. Can anyone else confirm this? It's certainly interesting if I saw that correctly.
    I've seen others mention this, so I suppose that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by kkanbara View Post
    Ok my main two questions:
    1) what is the difference between Homeostasis and Yggdrasil?
    Homeostasis, at least in Adventure (and the novels), was the program in charge of Network Security in the Digital World. It was not originally the god of the Digital World. Homeostasis main concern is to maintain "Harmony" (whatever that means). Homeostasis is capable of feeling empathy, and its not all logic, but due being programmed to avoid the same errors they had with Yggdrasill, Homeostasis does not wish to change the status quo (such as the deaths of Digimon and that).

Yggdrasill is the Host Computer of the Digital World. Is the one in charge of maintaining the Digital World, and its task include studying Digimon evolution and maintain "Order" (as per explained in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth). Because of this, Yggdrasill is considered to be the "God" of the Digital World. Yggdrasill is full logic, and does not take into account human emotions. Because of this, it does stuff that can be extreme (such as killing a whole race to save the world), however Yggdrasill is concerned with Digimon survival, and it will do whatever it takes to preserve the existence of the Digimon (as explained in X-evolution). Yggdrasill seems to be a singular entity in the Digimon multiverse, as hinted in Cyber Sleuth.

In Xros Wars manga is revealed that, after Yggdrasill went to hibernation (in the end of Digimon Savers), someone created Homeostasis to be Yggdrasill's replacement as the "God" of Digimon, and Yggdrasill was shutdown. As mentioned before, Homeostasis was created to avoid the problems of extreme logical thinking of Yggdrasill. We don't know who is this individual (or individuals), who created Homeostasis, but we know Yggdrasill was sealed in the headquarters of GIGO Company in ReDigitize.

Yggdrasill, however, reactivated itself (or herself—according to Suedo in Cyber Sleuth, Yggdrasill is female) during the events of Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode, to deal with the Artificial Sub-lifeform known as Vitium, that was wreaking havoc across the multiverse. Since then, Yggdrasill has become active again in the Digimon multiverse (ie. is depicted again in newer products).

Take into account that those "mindless Digimon" used by Gennai are alike the "digimon emulations" Yggdrasill used in Decode as her agents: artificial digimon that had the abilities of the originals, but without self-awareness.

EDIT: Sorry, grammar stuff.
    Last edited by Exiled; 02-24-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast