With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Great Dragons and Tempest

Ain't got no mojo...

Four Great Dragons and Tempest

Back in 2012(?) I found this chart that countain relationships between Digimon and their groups, and with my weak Japanese I could understand most of it. Most of the contents can be found in profiles of DRB, but some were rather obscure to me. So I made this post to try to remove some doubts about some of the relationships and some of the history of the Null Canon of Digimon, looking for sources of the contents.

The chart:

And my two biggest doubts are:

1. What is the source about the conflict between the Four Great Dragons and the Machine Empire?

It was not the first time I've heard it when I found this chart. But when I heard it for the first time, it was from a person I didn't trust at all that also posted a lot of head canons as truth, so I just ignored him, so was a surprise when I found it was also in this chart. It is not present in any of the four dragons profiles, neither in SlayerDramon's that is the only other profile that mentions them.

2. What is the relation of Tempest, Digimon Twin and MetalGarurumon/Dukemon?

Although I already knew that Tempest was a virus created by the Demon Lords against the Four Holy Beasts, this chart also put Dukemon and MetalGarurumon related to it. Then when I checked the official site, there was small texts about Tempest, and also with these two Digimon. By the context, I understood that Dukemon and MetalGarurumon were called by Qinglongmon, but how it is related to Digimon Twin, since their maskots are ShineGreymon and MirageGaogamon? In the Tempest texts in the Digimon site, Dukemon and Garurumon also appear, but in the next topic about the Twin, it is ShineGreymon and MirageGaogamon that are shown. Can someone clarify to me the plot of Tempest?

Since the official Digimon site doesn't have the test and images anymore, I will past it here:

デジタルワールドは一見平穏を取り戻したように見えていた しかし、狡猾な七大魔王たちの放ったクラックプログラム「Tempest(テンペスト)」が密かに、デジタ ルワールドを蝕み始めていた。

突如として、デジタルワールドを守護する「四聖獣」たちがクラックプログラムによって暴走してしまう。また 、クラックプログラム「Tempest(テンペスト)」は四聖獣のみならず、四聖獣の鎮座する聖域周辺のデ ジモンまで感染が広がることとなり、再びデジタルワールドは混沌へと引き戻されるのであった

事態を重く見たテイマーたちは、ロールアウトしたばかりのデジモンツインを手にそれぞれのパートナーデジモ ンとともにデジタルワールドを元に戻すべく活動を開始する。

暴走している四聖獣や他のデジモンたちは理性を失っており、また、クラックプログラム「Tempest(テ ンペスト)」がデジコア中枢まで侵食しているため、デジモンによる武力行使で「撃破」し、一時的に活動を停 止させない限り解除できないことが判明。テイマーたちはパートナーデジモンとともに暴走デジモンとの戦いを 開始する。

テイマーたちの活躍によりクラックプログラムの解除は順当に進んでいたが、予想もしない問題が勃発する。デ ジモンツインには2モデルのハードが設定されており、それぞれコントロールできるデジモンの種族が異なる仕 様となっている。Model-L(Liberation)では獣種族のデジモン、Model-R(Revolution)では竜種族のデジモンという構成であり、それぞれ得意とする戦い方も異なる。竜 種族のデジモンは圧倒的な火力による「パワー」、獣種族のデジモンは優れた身のこなしで圧倒する「スピード 」を得意としているため、次第にテイマーやパートナーデジモンたちは自分たちの種族が優れており、相反する 戦い方を否定するようになっていく。

始めのうちは、「Tempest(テンペスト)」の解除を競い合う程度の争いが、お互いのプライドを賭けた L vs Rのテイマーとパートナーデジモン同士の戦いへと発展していき、デジタルワールド各地が戦いの場と化してい く

天空にそびえる古代の塔「アセンブラタワー」に2体の究極体デジモンがチンロンモンと向かい合っていた。ロ イヤルナイツ デュークモンとメタルガルルモン。それぞれが見せ付けあうように得意とする戦い方でチンロンモンに挑むが、 傷をつけることなく倒されてしまう。

窮地に追い込まれた2体のデジモンと2人のテイマーは協力することで、からくもチンロンモンを撃破するが、 デジモンたちは瀕死の重傷を負ってしまう。正気を取り戻したチンロンモンは回復するための眠りに付く寸前に 、死に際の2体のデジモンに対して特殊なプログラムコードを与える。デュークモンとメタルガルルモンが息を 引き取り、データの分解する光が消えたあとに、見たことのないデジタマだけが2個、そこに残っ た
    I pasted here for those who don't want to be redirected, but it can is archived here.

Sorry in advance for any English mistake, not my first language.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I've never heard of any conflict between the Four Great Dragons and the Metal Empire. The latter is never even mentioned in the profiles, so far as I'm aware, so I'm rather skeptical about that.

As for the Twin thing, judging from the machine translation it looks like there were two tribes of Digimon fighting against the Digimon who had lost their sanity due to Tempest. Dukemon represented the dragons while MetalGarurumon represented the beasts. They battled the insane Qinglongmon at Assembler Tower, but were mortally wounded. Qinglongmon regained his sanity, however, and as the other two Digimon died he gave them a special program that allowed them to reconfigure into a pair of Digitama never seen before. Not sure what the significance is of this, but presumably the Digitama later hatch into the Digimon used by the Tamers with the Digimon Twin.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

The old D.V.R. website had that the Four Great Dragons and the Machine Empire were allies, if I recall correctly (there is a translation of that stuff here in the forums, but is so old that I don't have the links. But I remember that stuff was translated by SakuyamonX).

Ain't got no mojo...
    I only found this thread: http://withthewill.net/threads/4602-...est-thread-2-0

But I couldn't find any source for that...

Quote Originally Posted by RukasuStorm View Post
    I only found this thread: http://withthewill.net/threads/4602-...est-thread-2-0

But I couldn't find any source for that...
    Someone uploaded the complete translated DVR notes a while a go in this thread: http://withthewill.net/threads/16352...erning-Digimon (Not exactly sure in which archive the complete file is)
    The description in the thread you linked to are basically a reworded version of a few paragraphs from there.
    And it really seems like there's not much to go on here. The notes are laid out in a way where white text is "confirmed" information that supposedly has some source somewhere and grey text that's basically just headcanon/speculation.
    In the "metal empire" chapter, of the sentences mentioning the other group, only the sentence "They are in contact with the Four Great Dragons." is written in white. Everything else about their relationship is grey speculation. So whatever source established that "connection" did so only in very general terms, and of course we still don't know where exactly this information comes from.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Thanks for the help. The translation helped me.

But with it another doubt, what means DVR and what exactly was it?

Is there a full translation of the chart? Like, this is some legit lore stuffs here.

DVR (Digimon V-Tamers Residence) was an old japanese website that had a lot of info about Digimon, both IRL stuff and fiction stuff. Mostly compilations from official materials (such as v-pets manuals, card booklets, and that stuff), as Theigno said. There was stuff we cannot point its sources, but the site was accurate most of the time.

Sadly, the site died a few years ago, and not even exists in the Wayback Machine nowadays.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by samazam View Post
    Is there a full translation of the chart? Like, this is some legit lore stuffs here.
    Back when I found it I translated it to my native language. I could try to translate it again, but I am not that good in both translating (as it is a image and I suck at kanji, having to find them take me a lot of time) and editing images.

Also it would be nice to find an updated version lol

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled View Post
    DVR (Digimon V-Tamers Residence) was an old japanese website that had a lot of info about Digimon, both IRL stuff and fiction stuff. Mostly compilations from official materials (such as v-pets manuals, card booklets, and that stuff), as Theigno said. There was stuff we cannot point its sources, but the site was accurate most of the time.

Sadly, the site died a few years ago, and not even exists in the Wayback Machine nowadays.
    Thank you

Seems like the information in the chart needs some updating. Like... don't we know that the two Digimon from the Digimon Twin end up becoming the "Arbiters" VictoryGreymon and ZdGarurumon? I thought their profiles alluded to that at least?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast