With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tri. Part 1- Reunion US Blu-ray/DVD Cover Art, Digital Copy Included

tri. Part 1- Reunion US Blu-ray/DVD Cover Art, Digital Copy Included

We got pre-orders a few days ago and now we have cover art!

Image Thumbnail

Digimon Adventure tri. part 1- Reunion on Blu-ray and DVD will be using the Japanese theatrical poster art with a few additions.

It has the English logo with blue backing to make it stand out and they've added an orange add-on to the side with the title of part 1, Reunion. Interestingly, there is no text to denote this specifically as part 1 (or as Toei USA has labeled it, Chapter 1.)

The Blu-ray also includes an orange banner at the top showing that it's Blu-ray and DVD, with a digital copy. Shout digital copies have generally been DRM free for awhile, but we are unsure of this and are waiting back from Shout on confirmation one way or the other (the digital download text on the banner certainly seems to suggest this...)

We also have a nice art shot showing the side, along with front and an art shot of the DVD.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

The art shots also shows both versions coming with a slipcover.

I'm rather pleased with the cover art. I had thought we were going to get the traincar art, and Toei USA has been using that image for everything, so I was hoping we'd get something more specific to part 1.

We are still waiting on details on extras

If you want to pre-order...

The links are affiliate links.

Blu-ray, which will be a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack.

DVD, which will be a stand alone DVD.

The Blu-ray/DVD combo is $25 and the DVD is $15. They will be released on May 16th, which is 3 months from today.

What's everyone think of the cover and the reveal that we get a digital copy?

Previous thread about the Blu-ray/DVD in the USA can be found here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    May I ask what does DRM free mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by C-MC View Post
    The copy can be used on any device/platform you choose as long as it can read the file.

As an example, if you buy a movie through iTunes, you can only play it on devices with iTunes compatibility. If you buy a movie via Vudu, you can only play it using Vudu apps.

A DRM free copy means they just give you the file and you do with it as you wish, including backing it up.

Last I checked Shout switched to using VHX for DRM-Free fulfillment of newer titles. You can use VHX apps to stream it to you, or download the DRM Free copy.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C-MC View Post
    The copy can be used on any device/platform you choose as long as it can read the file.

As an example, if you buy a movie through iTunes, you can only play it on devices with iTunes compatibility. If you buy a movie via Vudu, you can only play it using Vudu apps.

A DRM free copy means they just give you the file and you do with it as you wish, including backing it up.

Last I checked Shout switched to using VHX for DRM-Free fulfillment of newer titles. You can use VHX apps to stream it to you, or download the DRM Free copy.
    oh well that makes sense, thanks

Follow Rika24 On Twitter Follow Rika24 on DeviantArt Visit Rika24's Youtube Channel
    I was also thinking they'd use the train car art. So glad they didn't since I love the original poster.

I also love the inclusion of a slip cover, I know it's strange to get excited about one but as a collector they just look nicer on the shelf to display that way 😁

I'm a Maniac
    hoping this means that Shout will put out official subs on dvd/blu-ray

Quote Originally Posted by Abarekiller View Post
    hoping this means that Shout will put out official subs on dvd/blu-ray
    We've known their release would have it since the moment they announced it. Their press releasing announcing they had tri. specifically mentioned it.

which will also include the original Japanese audio with English subtitles

Follow Rika24 On Twitter Follow Rika24 on DeviantArt Visit Rika24's Youtube Channel
    I think they were referring to the fact that Amazon only lists English as the available audio, which threw me off too. There's no way they'd change that last minute and leave out the Japanese audio right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
    I think they were referring to the fact that Amazon only lists English as the available audio, which threw me off too. There's no way they'd change that last minute and leave out the Japanese audio right?
    In general I would ignore the 'Details' part of the listings on Amazon, which are often thrown up with incomplete details (and may even be scraped automatically? Not sure, but it would explain why so often things are wrong or pseudo-nonsensical.)

They are off so often, especially early on, as to nearly be useless.

As an example, on Amazon, the next DBZ Kai Blu-ray is listed as not having an English dub track and Boruto only lists an English track.

Could they do it dub only? Sure. But until they actually tell us, I'd stick with the last official statement they made.

Follow DerMond on DeviantArt
    I think its pretty cool were getting a Digital copy of it.
    The orange banner and logo actually look great and I am glad they went with that art instead. I love the promo art of Tri but this one is my favorite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast