With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Which Digimon scares you?

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Follow Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    Never once a Digimon scared me, until I saw Gomimon. Seriously, even though we have so many filth Digimon since Gen 1, they all look solid while Gomimon looks as liquid as a fresh poop. He even looks more liquid than Splashmon.
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

EWW yeah Gomimon looks disgusting. I honestly don't see the point in filth Digimon existing in the franchise tbh. Kinda like how I don't see the point of "gross" pokemon existing either (Grimer, Muk, Garbodor, Wheezing, ect.)

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiAmy View Post
    I honestly don't see the point in filth Digimon existing in the franchise tbh.
    In the V-Pets the "poop" Digimon were what you'd get if you didn't raise your Digimon properly and didn't meet the evolution requirements for any of the other Adult/Champion forms.

In a sense, Numemon for example was kind of a lethal joke character. Among the Champions it had the lowest chance of winning battles. But in turn it could evolve into Monzaemon, the strongest in the game.

Junior Commander
    I would probably have to say at least for me Piedmon whenever I was a child especially during the dark masters arc because they could never seem to beat him and though they'd had troubles in the past with defeating certain Digimon, their was an extra side of malice to Piedmon.

Nowadays, maybe Machinedramon. He's emotionless and quite literally nothing more than a giant cold calculating killing machine.
    Happy now?

Ain't got no mojo... H A K A S E's Avatar
    This is probably mainly to add variety and also punish people who treated their Digimon terribly in the V-Pets. I've also heard somewhere that in Japan, poop jokes are considered way funnier than they are in the West, so it's likely a cultural difference as well. Also, I personally find Numemon's various forms (specifically BlackKingNumemon and PlatinumNumemon) adorable, even if they are disgusting. Like Trubbish in a way.

Kinda like how I don't see the point of "gross" pokemon existing either (Grimer, Muk, Garbodor, Wheezing, ect.)
    This is also mostly just to add variety and most of aren't really that disgusting (except garbador, ew)
    キーモン:ブラストモード
    (Kiimon Blast Mode)

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Follow Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by H A K A S E View Post
    This is probably mainly to add variety and also punish people who treated their Digimon terribly in the V-Pets. I've also heard somewhere that in Japan, poop jokes are considered way funnier than they are in the West, so it's likely a cultural difference as well. Also, I personally find Numemon's various forms (specifically BlackKingNumemon and PlatinumNumemon) adorable, even if they are disgusting. Like Trubbish in a way.
    It makes sense with Numemon and Sukamon, but not with Damemon and Gomimon. Heck, Damemon is even a main cast in Hunter and Gomimon is a 7-Code Appmon!
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Gomimon is based on an app or common phone function, which is the whole gimmick with Appmon. They shouldn't skip creating an Appmon for that function just because a few people are too easily grossed out.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

The only Digimon that really comes close to creeping me out is Nene-Shademon. Not in the "nightmarish" way, but in the "very very uncomfortable" way. Put some clothes on, for lord's sake!
    "I am the child of the sun, Kamen Rider Black....RX!"
    - Kotaro Minami

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    In the V-Pets the "poop" Digimon were what you'd get if you didn't raise your Digimon properly and didn't meet the evolution requirements for any of the other Adult/Champion forms.

In a sense, Numemon for example was kind of a lethal joke character. Among the Champions it had the lowest chance of winning battles. But in turn it could evolve into Monzaemon, the strongest in the game.

Also Raremon is based on Hedorah, the sludge monster from Godzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post

I see, that makes sense. I feel bad though for the players who really did try to take good care of their Digimon and ended up with a Numemon, Geremon, or Sukamon instead. (If there are any)

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    Also Raremon is based on Hedorah, the sludge monster from Godzilla.
    Seriously?? I had no idea that existed until now. At least I understand why Raremon is as creepy as it is, rather than its inspiration being shrouded in mystery.
    I looked it up on a wiki, and yeah... Hedorah is creepy. x_x;

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast