With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Does the Lack of Armor and Spirit Evolutions Bug You?

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I meant species such as Phascomon, Alraumon, Fangmon, Muchomon, Monmon, Liamon, Blimpmon, Mermaidmon, and the FanBeemon line.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 02-26-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    All those Digimon you said already have levels, so I'm not entirely sure what you were trying to say there.

Although I think you're saying that all Digimon would do down the same route? that's not something I would agree with doing, sure all would go down Fresh-Mega/Ultra but not all Monmon's would become Hookmon, or not all Agumons would become Greymon. Anything can become anything depending on what data it absorbs - heck some even skip stages entirely. I just prefer everything to either be Fresh, In Training, Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, Mega or Ultra. If I were to choose I would remove Fresh and only have In Training (I personally find two baby forms unnecessary) and only have Ultra for Digimon that are DNAs from two Megas (or a Mega and an Ultimate) but I wouldn't go down the pokemon route that all Digimon have a 100% set line, that would be lame. Half the fun is seeing what stuff turns into other random stuff.
    Last edited by Muur; 02-26-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Chimera-gui's original point was about how lots of Digimon that do have traditional levels get ignored just as much as the Armor Digimon and Hybrids.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Ah. Monmon not being used sucks tbh, he's one of my faves. The bee guy's line (sans his Rookie) did end up in Cyber Slueth, though. I do think having a level makes you more likely to be used in the future though. Unless of course you're an anime partner like Agunimon or Shoutmon, then you're probably fine as they'll just find a way to shoe horn you in. The other random guys - they're more likely to make it in than a random Armor or Hybrid level that isn't used as a partner. Like, we've never seen JetSilpymon in anything - likely because it's Hybrid. Would it have been used if it were officially an Ulitmate? who knows but it would sure have a better chance at being used since you can just drop it into any line you want inbetween a Champion and a Mega.

Actually JetSilphymon is an Advanced Hybrid and thus equal to a Mega, it's just named for the DNA Digivolved Ultimate stage of Yolei and Kari's partners. It would be the result of Zoe using Fusion Evolution like Takuya and Kouji did officially.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 02-26-2017 at 08:55 PM.

True, then just drop it into random Ultimate lines. Hybrid is easy since they can just go Champion-Mega fine, same with Armor since most are just "Champion class", the problem is though that once they're in their Armor stages, then what? you can't Digivolve them further in game but then if you do... you've just given them a level. "Yay I just turned my Flamedramon into a MetalGreymon!... wait then Flamedramon is Champion? huh, okay then". Games have had Armor in before - World DS, Dawn, Dusk, Sleuth, even Order but other than Order (where they're Champion, Ultimate or Mega) they always just end at Armor meaning unless yo uwant nostalgia from the show, you're limiting how strong your Digimon can be. Unless of course you've Digivovled up and down so much you have max stats but at that point you're about 500 hours further into the game that you probably should be. That's why it's just simplar to retcon the lot of them with levels, then they can be used without changing it up every game or just ignoring them to avoid the headache.

Having a path possibly end at a single stage isn't as much of an issue when your Digimon can potentially have multiple Armor level stages and thus multiple paths available so long as you used the required Digimentals to unlock them as the 02 team did accidentally in the CD drama Armor Evolution to the Unknown. And more importantly, Armor Digivolution can't be disabled by things like Control Spires which suppress the natural ability to Digivolve.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 02-26-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Games have had Armor in before - World DS, Dawn, Dusk, Sleuth, even Order but other than Order (where they're Champion, Ultimate or Mega) they always just end at Armor meaning unless yo uwant nostalgia from the show, you're limiting how strong your Digimon can be.
    That part's not true at all, actually. Armor Digimon can evolve in lots of games they show up in (Digimon World 2, Sunburst/Moonlight, Lost Evolution, etc.), and they're usually given levels in the context of those games.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

My problem with just retconning the Armor and Hybrid Levels completely out of existence is in principle: You shouldn't just abandon ideas to the wayside out of, to be quite frank, sheer laziness. It's also why I've expressed frustration at just how many Digimon with traditional levels get ignored as well.

The Armor and Hybrid have great potential as mechanics that's basically squandered. That's why my first post in this very thread was me trying to bring out that potential: See here

And while my plan did technically include retconning the Hybrid level species to have traditional levels, that was to allow for the broadening of the Hybrid level itself.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 02-27-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Games have had Armor in before - World DS, Dawn, Dusk, Sleuth, even Order but other than Order (where they're Champion, Ultimate or Mega) they always just end at Armor meaning unless yo uwant nostalgia from the show, you're limiting how strong your Digimon can be.
    That part's not true at all, actually. Armor Digimon can evolve in lots of games they show up in (Digimon World 2, Sunburst/Moonlight, Lost Evolution, etc.), and they're usually given levels in the context of those games.
    Yeah but then that just means they've been retconned for those specific games, so just do it forever.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast