With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Tamagotchi Minis coming out in April.

Tamagotchi Minis coming out in April.

With all the nostalgia lately with the 20th Anniversary of Digimon and the new rereleases of the original Digital Monster I felt like I had to share this with you guys. They'd look great next to the Digimon Minis of anyone collected those on the past.

http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Serie...agotchi%20Mini

They should be up on most other retail stores like amiami and etc.

I preordered a white one because I already give bandai too much money, but it's going to bbe hard not buyers it more than one. Anyone else hyped for this too?

Apart from Nanimon, are there any other Tamagotchi references anywhere in Digimon? I completely missed the Tamagotchi craze growing up, so I know nothing of its universe and how it relates or compares to Digimon.

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    Aside from the Oyajitchi / Nanimon thing, there are actually a couple of Tamagotchi references in Digimon. Here's the ones I know offhand.

-Digimon Tamers 1984 had one, and I believe the Adventurer's Battle did as well.

-Wizarmon's staff has an egg crack in it with three buttons below it, which has the appearance of a Tamagotchi device.

-Belphemon Sleep Mode's alarm clock resembles a Tamagotchi device. Same with Sleepmon's alarm clock.
    2017's gonna be LIT, and if you're challenging me, you WILL need this info. ;)
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Street Fighter 5, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Tekken 7)
    DU Server Name WarOmni-TA (Digimon Unlimited, that is.)

Quote Originally Posted by WarOmnimon View Post

-Wizarmon's staff has an egg crack in it with three buttons below it, which has the appearance of a Tamagotchi device.

-Belphemon Sleep Mode's alarm clock resembles a Tamagotchi device. Same with Sleepmon's alarm clock.

Digitamamon is shaped like a Tamagotchi. The whole concept of everything hatching from eggs comes from there. Botamon and YukimiBotamon are probably based on the lowest level baby tamagotchis. Stuff like Mamemon probably were inspired by Tamagotchi as well because it's just a head and limbs.

Wizarmon and Witchmon are a reference to the Magical Witches Vpets, as well as Witchelny which is also mentioned in Medieval Dukemon's lore. Their elemental attacks are inspired by the tribes in that vpet.

Tamagotchi was created because it's difficult to raise pets in Japan because cramped living, sort of like how the cast of Adventure all live in those tiny apartments and can only really have cats. Maybe that's why they live there instead of normal houses.

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    Wizarmon and Witchmon are a reference to the Magical Witches Vpets, as well as Witchelny which is also mentioned in Medieval Dukemon's lore. Their elemental attacks are inspired by the tribes in that vpet.
    Oh yeah, forgot to note the Witchelny and Magical Witches connection. Of course, it should be noted that Kuchipatchi is a secret character on one of those, albeit wearing a priest's robe (I believe it was the Earthlin version in which he appears), which means that theoretically, he MAY have come into direct contact with Digimon, albeit it's not confirmed like Oyajitchi.

Oh, and LCD of Kuchipatchi on this version which I colored myself at some point last year, because why not. ^_^
    2017's gonna be LIT, and if you're challenging me, you WILL need this info. ;)
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Street Fighter 5, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Tekken 7)
    DU Server Name WarOmni-TA (Digimon Unlimited, that is.)