With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which Other Digimon Series Do you Want to See with a Continuation?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I think that not many series could benefit from an official sequel, though I wouldn't mind being proved wrong. I have my own ideas for Tamers and Savers continuations that may or may not (probably the latter) get turned into fan fiction. On the subject of Frontier, I agree with Tetra Seleno. Frontier was the only anime series where everything was actually wrapped up nice and neat. I mean, I do have another idea for a Frontier sequel fanfic, but that's only because I thought it would be funny to write a Digimon version of Stephen King's IT, and Frontier was the series that I felt would best lend itself to that. Xros Wars was almost too open-ended for me. I don't see where that could be taken.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow AliceKaninchenbau On Twitter Follow AliceKaninchenbau on DeviantArt Visit AliceKaninchenbau's Youtube Channel
    Frontier did end nicely but on the other hand I wouldn't mind if it got a sequel, maybe explore how the Digital World turned out after being reset, like how Bokomon and Neemon were left all alone to become the Great Mother-Fathers of All Digimon who'd be reborn from then one. How're the Arch Angels are doing now, how far have they evolved? What happened to the Spirits after the kids left, have they all been placed somewhere for safe-keeping? What about Mercuremon and co, like they've been set to be reborn no matter what but they can't be reborn as the Warrior Ten because they don't have the Spirits, so how're they doing now that they're purified? Are they happy or unhappy about not having their Warrior Ten forms, and if they're unhappy can they possibly get back those Spirits (or did The Great Mother-Father Bokomon grant those Spirits back anyways)?

Frontier's greatest part was its world and while the characters themselves don't seem to need any character development it's world getting some more wouldn't hurt as far as I'm concerned. Hell bring the remaining Demon Lords as villians. Maybe explore Flamon a little more (like what if the more time you spent evolved the more you start losing your humanity? Takuya and Kouji did most of the fighting in the later episodes so if you introduced a concept like this you could have an interesting conflict with these two and if they're willing to sacrifice their humanity for the sake of the Digital World, not to mention this'd ensure that Izumi and the rest would get to fight a little bit more. And who knows, maybe Mercuremon and co could join the fight, that'd be fun). Like a Frontier sequel isn't nececary at all but at least from my perspective it certainly wouldn't be hard to come up with one.

I don't think Tamers really needs a sequel and if Konata wouldn't come back for it I don't think Tamers fans would be happy about it. Because I'm not huge on Tamers I don't really care, but if there was a sequel that specifically addressed the DigiGnome's ability to revive Leomon (if they can create life out of nothing if a child wants that then considdering how heartbroken Juri was about Leomon dying I am 100% convinced the Gnomes should be able to just suck up some of Leomon's remaining data out of Impmon or something and create a DigiEgg. Like if that isn't possible then at least explain why my dear hypothetical Tamers Sequel), it could be okay. Not to mention that Tamers' universe seemed to establish that Digimon do evolve naturally over the course a lot of time, and their evolved forms seem to be permanent. This should imply that Guilmon will eventually evolve back to Megidramon unless Takato permanently evolves to Dukemon with Guilmon, and this could create a really interesting story if done right.

If there was a sequel I'd personally love to see though, it would be one to Hunters. Because Tagiru and co deserve a proper story in which they get character development. And I wanna know what Shoutmon's Digital World is like. So like, just take the Hunters kids, put them back into the DW to like go save Taiki and co or something, give them development and boom. That's all I want. I know no one else wants that but I don't care, I want this. Make Tagiru a well-written character for the love of god

Red shirt
    Tamers is the big one I'd want to see get a sequel, for the simple fact that it's my favourite. I'm up in the air as to whether or not it could actually happen; while it's probably the second most popular after Adventure (and popularity goes for a lot), it's heavily tied to Konaka, and I'm not sure how likely it is that he'd come back. And if they did a sequel without him, it would probably lose some of it's identity and people would argue for years as to whether or not it's a worthy sequel or even if it's canon.

However, forgetting about the production side of things, I think Tamers has potential for a sequel. There are a lot of interesting characters and concepts in that universe that are worth exploring in further detail. It's got the same potential for "growing up is difficult" themes that tri has gotten good use out of. And I don't think the original ending is as good as people say it is; the device to separate the kids from the Digimon comes practically out of nowhere and the episode ends implying Takato *might* be able to get them back, but all we've got is two conflicting pieces of expanded media to decide on whether or not that happens. A proper sequel series could provide a definitive answer.

The other one I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to (and unlike Tamers, i have zero hope of this happening) is Frontier. Because I really like the world and concepts of Frontier, I like the turning into Digimon sentai angle, I just wish the series itself hadn't been Aventure with less developed characters and a plot that up and dies in the final third.

After Tri and knowing Toei asking a sequel for my favorite series(Tamers) will be like wishing on a monkey paw. I think Frontier have the best ending by far so itīs out of question for me too.

Trough, I think any series have the potential for a sequel if it happen many years after the original and have a total new cast.

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    Gonna keep it quick... my thoughts on how I'd approach a continuation for each previous season. Wouldn't have to be a sequel as you'll see for my Frontier entry.

Adventure - Don't need to bring it up, we got Tri. Which sadly isn't really a sequel moreso than it is a nostalgiafest that ignores 02...

Adventure 02 - THIS, however, needs a straight up sequel. Several plot holes remain open (Demon, Dagomon, etc as DontStopPataPata bought up), time to close em because we know at this point that Tri ain't gonna.

Tamers - As much as I love Tamers, do NOT give it a sequel unless Konaka's on board. And he said he wouldn't do it, so... NO. They'd ruin it.

Frontier - This should get a prequel rather than a sequel in my book. I think getting a short TV series or even just a movie based around the Warrior Ten and their fight with Lucemon would be neat. It would be the second time where we get something without humans, a la X Evolution... and I'm seriously ready for it if that's what Toei wants to do for the Frontier 15th this year.

Savers - A full blown sequel or even just a spinoff centered around Masaru and Agumon can do some nice stuff if they do it right. They did some amazing stuff here, I'd love to see them keep at it.

Xros Wars - A sequel could work. Set it after Young Hunters, make sure that it's not 95% filler this time, and so forth... and keep in mind what Bagramon said about SkullKnightmon still being out there somewhere.
    2017's gonna be LIT, and if you're challenging me, you WILL need this info. ;)
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Street Fighter 5, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Tekken 7)
    DU Server Name WarOmni-TA (Digimon Unlimited, that is.)

Junior Commander
    maybe you need to know that Konaka actually made a true sequel of Tamers, it's the Drama CD Message in the Packet, where it happened a year after the incident. So Takato and friends were in their 6th grade.

I think it's impossible for Tamers, since the Drama CD actually did give a perfect ending for a nearly perfect series (I know it had some flaws like wasted potential towards some interesting theories that could be explained better in the series and not just being forgotten later, and also the Alice plothole). Doing a sequel (especially without Konaka or any scriptwriter that's used to write sci-fi especially those who really understood what Digimon actually is) will just ruin the "masterpiece" that Tamers did.

I don't want them to ruin like with Adv Tri, which is just a part of unnecessary sequel of the overrated Adventure series, with an attempt to hide those adv 02 characters with any logic and just focus on those 8 (+1) chosen children. I don't want Tamers to continue just to re-open the digital world portal and repeating the same incident or even more adding bad digimon as villain or last villain just for some silly motives (Tamers is one of digimon series that the villains' motives are reasonable and understandable, even you can't really blame them). I don't want Tamers to continue with some random scriptwriter that doesn't know anything about digimon (or maybe only knowing the anime without some common knowledge like the earlier v-pet era and how the initial digimon design direction was meant to be) bcos Konaka actually really know the whole digimon's history, and that's why he was refering Tamers to be more like Kaiju series like Godzilla, Gamera, etc which was what actually digimon was on its earlier era with those digimon design.
    Last edited by DATS24; 01-11-2017 at 08:49 PM.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Masaru going to the Digital World in the end is supposed to somewhat parallel his father's life in the Digital World. They both do a lot of good for the Digital World, but it's notable that Masaru chooses this path on his, showing he's grown up enough to make his own decisions and surpass his father. And while he's still a bit young in my opinion, you can argue that Masaru is mature enough by the end of the series to decide when to move out and start his own life wherever he chooses. I don't think this is some self-evident flaw in the series. That's like condemning anyone who decides to move far away from their family when they grow up...
    OK, but when someone decides to live abroad, their parents can still visit them, unlike how Savers ended, where Masaru ends up going to a world where he'll never be able to speak to another human again.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    maybe you need to know that Konaka actually made a true sequel of Tamers, it's the Drama CD Message in the Packet, where it happened a year after the incident. So Takato and friends were in their 6th grade.

I think it's impossible for Tamers, since the Drama CD actually did give a perfect ending for a nearly perfect series (I know it had some flaws like wasted potential towards some interesting theories that could be explained better in the series and not just being forgotten later, and also the Alice plothole). Doing a sequel (especially without Konaka or any scriptwriter that's used to write sci-fi especially those who really understood what Digimon actually is) will just ruin the "masterpiece" that Tamers did.
    I already said that they should made an animated version of the Drama CD in another topic. Anyway, didn't that GranLocomon Movie/Special take place after the Drama CD?
    Last edited by Vande; 01-12-2017 at 12:57 PM. Reason: double post merge

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Merged your posts. I know you have been told about this before. The edit post is there for a reason. Do not double post.

Masaru has Agumon with him. They'll both be fine. They're living their own lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
    didn't that GranLocomon Movie/Special take place after the Drama CD?
    For all we know the movie should have taken place before the drama CD but the drama contradicts the movie's plot, so it might be better to view them as separate continuities (that or move the events of the movie back an entire year but I'm not sure how I'd feel about that theory).
    And basically since we have those two continuities for the ending of tamers there isn't really anything standing in the way of a tamers sequels if it simply chooses the Movie 6 continuity, which wouldn't be too surprising considering tri seems to completely ignore the Zero Two CD dramas. And in general I'd cite movie 6 as something that's still perfectly tamers without Konaka's involvement. I'm not saying his absence would be preferable but it wouldn't be a sign of utter doom either.
    Last edited by Theigno; 01-12-2017 at 01:34 PM.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast