With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If OmegaShoutmon had a Level what would it be?

Ain't got no mojo... NeoZero101's Avatar

If OmegaShoutmon had a Level what would it be?

I know that OmegaShoutmon has no level but if he did have a level what would it be he seems too powerful to be a champion as had defeated Tactimon a Mega Level Digimon. Could he be a ultimate or Mega level for Shoutmon. In Digimon Next Order he is classified as a Champion Level but to me he is just too powerful to be a Champion

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    OmegaShoutmon does have a level now, actually. He's an Adult that happens to be more powerful than is standard. Magnamon is usually depicted the same way.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I'd classify him as an ultimate, since Shoutmon refers to him as his "Chou Shinka" or Super Evolution. I know that the term may differ in the Xros Wars universe, but at least in the Adventure universe that's how it's used.

Edit; Didn't know that Xros Wars characters are being given levels now interesting. I thought they were non-existent in Xros Wars.

Some of them have been given levels in media outside of Xros Wars. Next Order, for example, classified Shoutmon and Gumdramon as Child-level and OmegaShoutmon and Arresterdramon as Adult-level.
    MY PROJECTS
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    i would say just treat it as it´s own thing, Xrosmon > super evolved Xrosmon
    or else you just end up in a pointless discussion
    Digimon Split Timeline Theory
    http://i.imgur.com/bCkMP6p.png
    Digimon All Evolution Trees
    http://imgur.com/a/osxRA

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    In the Hyper Colosseum Omega Shoutmon is a Perfect level equivalent or Perfect-class, same as Zeke Greymon. They are similar to the Hybrid Digimon in this respect.

Interestingly however, they fuse into Shoutmon DX who is also a Perfect level equivalent. Because they are an equivalent, rather than an actual level classification, they cannot evolve the way normal Digimon do, such as with the use of Winning Percentage Option cards or anything allowing you to evolve/fuse/appear into a Digimon of the next level or a Digimon with the same name. Something like Re-44 'Xros Loader' is needed that specifically mentions an equivalent class.

In Digimon Crusader Omega Shoutmon is an Ultimate level equivalent, but an Adult equivalent in Next Order so it varies depending on the source. It certainly is on par with Perfect-level Digimon seeing that it is blessed with the "Omega InForce" from the Holy Knight Omegamon.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

“Guardian Deities” X-Evolution 「守護神 Shugoshin ゼヴォリューション Zevoryūshon」
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps51c69459.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4ae9aec3.jpg

I believe that OmegaShoutmon is Adult in Next Order, period, though if someone has played the game and can correct me please do. The Crusader levels cited by Wikimon are probably inaccurate, since they were given only by the Japanese Crusader wiki, which later emended all of the Xros Wars Digimon to actually having no level. It's very likely that Adult-level and Perfect-class are the only two ways OmegaShoutmon has been classified besides having no level.
    MY PROJECTS

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I believe that OmegaShoutmon is Adult in Next Order, period, though if someone has played the game and can correct me please do.
    Haven't played Next Order myself, but for what it's worth I recall reading somewhere that the amount of time it takes for Shoutmon and Gumdramon to evolve is about the same as it is for normal Digimon to progress from their Child to Mega forms.

But then, that might just be a game mechanic that has nothing to do with their power level.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZero101 View Post
    In Digimon Next Order he is classified as a Champion Level but to me he is just too powerful to be a Champion
    OmegaShoutmon is overpowered for a Champion/Adult level Digimon, but then he was also nerfed in Xros Wars Young Hunters. Mind you we also have Mega level Digimon such as Jijimon, Babamon, and MarineAngemon who seem way underpowered compared to other Mega Digimon.

Could just be that OmegaShoutmon is simply an overpowered Adult that doesn't evolve any further. Like TMS said, Magnamon was basically treated the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    I'd classify him as an ultimate, since Shoutmon refers to him as his "Chou Shinka" or Super Evolution. I know that the term may differ in the Xros Wars universe, but at least in the Adventure universe that's how it's used.
    Right, but when he evolves for the first time he simply says "Shinka". He later describes it as being like a super evolution, so he starts saying "Chou Shinka" instead. If anything the use of the Adventure terminology was more of a throwback than actually being the same thing. There are more inconsistencies like Dracmon "super evolving" to Yasyamon, who is normally an Armor Digimon. Or Damemon "super evolving" to Tuwarmon, when prior to Young Hunters it was more of a transformation or mode change.

"Super Evolution" in Xros Wars was really just the characters' way to refer to the kind of quick, temporary evolution that we've been seeing partner Digimon undergo since Adventure, as opposed to the slow, natural, permanent evolution that non-partner Digimon undergo. As used in Xros Wars it doesn't have any implication so far as what level a Digimon evolves from or to.
    MY PROJECTS

I'm going digital
    I don't think Digimon DO evolve in XW (outside of Baby -> Baby 2 -> Child) and they just stay as Child level, until they learned to Xros/Fuse or do whatever Shoutmon did. That means all Adult-Ultimate level Digimon are Child level and can only get stronger if they Fuse.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast