With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Appmon New Year's Message and ED2 Animation Preview

Appmon New Year's Message and ED2 Animation Preview

The Appmon Twitter has put up a few previews for Appmon in 2017.

Image Thumbnail

They wish everyone a Happy New Year and they thank us for supporting Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters and ask us to take care in the New Year.

The first episode of 2017 will be on January 7th.

Image Thumbnail

They also mention that the third image is from the ending animation for the new Appmon ending theme "Ai" which was announced a few weeks ago and they ask us to look forward to it.

Image Thumbnail

Thanks to dev for some translation help (and to shin for confirming me and dev weren't 180 degrees wrong.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Eri is love The ED image looks really good!

Is it just me or does it look like Eri is wearing a new outfit in the new ending screenshot? Almost like a school outfit is I had to guess. Everyone did get new outifts for winter so maybe this means the cast will actually be getting new outifts every few episodes. I'll be pleasantly surprised if that is the case

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    So are those first two images from an upcoming episode, or what?
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net
    Those are nice pictures. ...It's the year of the Rooster right? ...It's the year of the Right Big Chicken: Sinduramon. Why? Because He Is A Deva! ...How did I remember that?

Add KaenKazui on Google+ Follow KaenKazui on DeviantArt
    Hmm, makes me wonder a bit, when Applimon is supposed to take place. Skimmed over it, but there is no two years following onto each other (apart from 2016/2017 obviously) where the date to weekday match up the way they do in Applimon in the first year and the following year is a year of the Rooster. :P 2040/2041 are sadly off one day. ^^"

Though, I guess we'll see, what comes up next. Probably it's just that they matched it up with the current year... xD"
    But I just could not resist to look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by KaenKazui View Post
    Hmm, makes me wonder a bit, when Applimon is supposed to take place. Skimmed over it, but there is no two years following onto each other (apart from 2016/2017 obviously) where the date to weekday match up the way they do in Applimon in the first year and the following year is a year of the Rooster. :P 2040/2041 are sadly off one day. ^^"

Though, I guess we'll see, what comes up next. Probably it's just that they matched it up with the current year... xD"
    But I just could not resist to look it up.
    I assumed Appmon takes place in the always common fictional 20 minutes into the future.

Roughly 'now' but with a bit more tech as the story demands.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I wasn't really expecting a new ending quite so soon... I always thought the current one would be kept until episode 26 or so, mostly because many of the appmon shown as chips near the end haven't appeared in any episodes yet... but maybe that just didn't matter as much as I thought it would.

I don't really know if the first image is supposed to be part of the episode, or some kind of post-episode omake... I could imagine Astra doing something new year themed for his channel (although he never had Musimon directly show up in his videos if i recall correctly...) but Haru doing some kind of ney years speech (at least that's what I assume this depicts) with Eri doesn't seem that fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    I assumed Appmon takes place in the always common fictional 20 minutes into the future.

Roughly 'now' but with a bit more tech as the story demands.
    A computer screen in episode 4 shows the year as 2016:
    Image Thumbnail (custom)

...also, don't call me Igno.

Add KaenKazui on Google+ Follow KaenKazui on DeviantArt
    I actually kinda assumed it took place around 2040~2045, due to how heavily they talked about the entire "the time, when AI will overcome humans." theory, in the interviews and such.