With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Have a Working English D-Terminal and Can Check Something for Me?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook

Anyone Have a Working English D-Terminal and Can Check Something for Me?

On the With the Will chat tonight the topic of dub attack names came up, and how on rare occasions the dub provides names to attacks that haven't been named in the Japanese version, and that has me wondering about something. Does anyone here have an English D-Terminal they'd be willing to check some things on for me? Specifically I was wondering if someone could confirm that "Puppetmon" has a dub attack called Wires Choking. Also, is Majiramon in there? If so, could you tell me what his attacks were called? If anyone can help me out with this I'd appreciate it. I had a D-Terminal myself, but digging it up tonight I find that it's ruined.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I'm pretty sure mine is broken too (I think I accidentally let the batteries corrode) and I haven't seen it in a while but I'll look for it and give it a try. I don't remember how to look up attacks on it so that info would be greatly appreciated if it works.
    We're counting on you, Chosen Children

If you do find it, I'd appreciate the help. Something happened to my batteries, too. One of them was all encrusted. If yours does work, it should be pretty easy to figure out how to find the information. You can use this video to learn how to find the Digimon you're looking for. After that, select Technique, and the names of two attacks should scroll by on the screen.
    MY PROJECTS
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]

Junior Commander
    Okay, I'm fairly certain that my D-Terminal is still at my grandparents' house, but I'll do some digging to see if it made it in the move. I can guarantee that Majiramon is not in it though, because it only goes up to 02 Digimon

Aw man you really need to remove the batteries from everything you plan on keeping in storage for a long time.

Maybe there's a way to fix them and replace the connectors?

Haven't found it yet but flintlock reminded me of something. There was a time when I actually got it to work again after the batteries corroded (I think something else went wrong some time after that) but it should be possible to just clean off the wires and stuff and replace the batteries. I used a toothbrush to get as much off as I could and it worked just fine after that.
    We're counting on you, Chosen Children

I thought Majiramon might be included because the toy may not have been released in America until "season 3" was in progress. But I guess it would be weird for them to add a bunch of content that wasn't in the toy's Japanese version. I was wondering what the dub D-Terminal might have called Majiramon's attacks. In episode 29 of Tamers Majiramon uses two attacks, neither of which is called out in the original. One matches his profile's description of Vedhaka, and the dub calls it Flaming Arrowheads. The other is him breathing blue and yellow fire, which isn't named in the dub either. Wikimon (before I edited it) had Vedhaka's dub name listed as Fire Breath, and called Bao Shi's dub name as Flaming Arrowheads, but I can't find any evidence that Majiramon ever had a dub attack called Fire Breath. Looking at the Korean MMO Digimon RPG, it had Vedhaka as a fire breath attack, but called it Vedaka, not Fire Breath, while Flaming Arrowheads matched the profile description of Vedhaka, just as Wikimon previously had it. So I'm a little confused, and was hoping that the English D-Terminal might shed some light on the subject or prove the source for "Fire Breath."
    MY PROJECTS

I come from the net
    I found mine. Puppetmon has "Puppet Pummel" and "Wires Choking". Majiramon isn't in there.

Thanks, Blade Sabre. Although, on the subject of Majiramon, Theigno just reminded me on the chat that there was also a Bandai Asia toy called the D-Gather that was basically an updated D-Terminal. Does anyone have one of those they could check? I'll also message WarOmnimon, who I know at least had a D-Gather back in 2011.
    MY PROJECTS

Follow WarOmnimon On Twitter Add WarOmnimon on Facebook
    According to the D-Spirit 2 (Which uses the same attack names as the D-Gather), Majiramon's attacks are called "Vadaka" and "Bao Su". I will check this against my D-Gather later, but I'm pretty sure that they are the same.

If you want me to list the X Antibody Digimon attack names from the D-Spirit 2, I can definitely do that at some point. There's some pretty crazy Engrish there which may be worth a few giggles... can't give you any information on TigerVespamon though, given you have to connect to the D-Cyber Ultimate to unlock that Database entry (And I don't have one).
    2017's gonna be LIT, and if you're challenging me, you WILL need this info. ;)
    PSN ID (US) WarOnion316 (Primary games - Street Fighter 5, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Tekken 7)
    DU Server Name WarOmni-TA (Digimon Unlimited, that is.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast