With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: so which mega form will toei use for tailmon in digimon adventure tri?

Junior Commander hope-endlessly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hope-endlessly View Post
    I honestly feel like both of these digimon are equally as relevant in the franchise, or Ophanimon might still be moreso.
    I did not explain properly.

I have noticed that between the creation of Ofanimon and the announcement of Tri, Ofanimon have a bigger prominence in the Digimon franchise than Holydramon

However, since the announcement of Tri, Holydramon seems to start to have more prominence in the franchise.
    While I understand where you're coming from, isn't this just based on Next Order though?

Weren't the new digivices made to be "Tri" accurate?

Either way, I consider them both just as relevant, but I'm thinking they'll probably go with what's on the digivice.

Removed a link.

There is nothing inherently 'wrong' about that store (to the best of my knowledge), but it is in no way official, and the URL and store name is named to make you 'think' it's official, which always makes me wary.

The CSA Digivice is in theory meant to be a 'real world' prop item.

While in general we've taken elements of it as 'fact', they could be based on early production materials, or 'guesses' at what the production team would do for character quotes. They don't share the production method on building and deciding what to do with the device.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

This has probably been posted by now, but anyone remember the Digivice add for Tri? It showed Holydramon as Tailmon's final (along with Rosemon and Vikemon, both of whom showed up in Tri), plus the PSP game was more a Bandai product. Then again, the third movie was originally non-serial, so it really is confusing.

TBH though I'm excited to see more of the Kaiser, he is IMHO pretty much THE coolest part of Tri to date.
    Last edited by Yasushi; 07-19-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Junior Commander hope-endlessly's Avatar
    We've been discussing the digivice for a little while in this thread now, but we also aren't sure exactly how canon it is.

I've said this before about the subject at hand and I'll say it again: I don't ever expect them to do so, but I'd personally like for them to just give Tailmon both Ultimates and let her Slide Evolve back and forth between the bestial Holydramon and the humanoid Ofanimon, Frontier-style!
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    well letīs look at it this way, Tri is made for the old fans and we grew up with the movie which had Holydramon and the fact that Holydramon is in the Tri digivice seems to also point in that direction.
    on the other hand i believe not many old fans that are watching Tri played the psp adventure game and donīt even know about it.

so i say itīs pretty likely that we gonna see Holydramon, personally i like Holydramons design but find it a bit weird to have Angewomon evolve into it.
    also while i like some of your ideas like slide or holy ring thing, thatīs not gonna happen iīm 100% sure.
    Digimon Split Timeline Theory
    http://i.imgur.com/aXSNbBj.png
    Digimon All Evolution Trees
    http://imgur.com/a/osxRA

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    on the other hand i believe not many old fans that are watching Tri played the psp adventure game and donīt even know about it.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that... the lack of general exposition about anything shows that tri at least isn't primarily concerned with recapturing the kind of fans that have only watched adventure over 15 years ago... rather I'd say that the kind of Otaku crowd that kept up with the franchise for 15 years and still craves an Adventure sequel would probably have played or at least be informed about the Adventure game which was easily the biggest Adventure related project in years as well as one of the more prominent parts of the Digimon 15th anniversary.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrblade View Post
    I've said this before about the subject at hand and I'll say it again: I don't ever expect them to do so, but I'd personally like for them to just give Tailmon both Ultimates and let her Slide Evolve back and forth between the bestial Holydramon and the humanoid Ofanimon, Frontier-style!
    In theory that could work, depending on how they go about doing it. After all, Agumon effectively had two Perfect forms over the course of Adventure (or three, if virus MetalGreymon is considered a seperate form).

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    so i say itīs pretty likely that we gonna see Holydramon, personally i like Holydramons design but find it a bit weird to have Angewomon evolve into it.
    But then, isn't it a bit weird that Tailmon evolves into Angewomon to begin with?

I like both for different reasons, but where Ofanimon makes more sense as an evolution specifically for Angewomon, I think Holydramon fits better with Tailmon's line.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I'd like Holydramon to be used just because it's been a long time since the more bestial Megas got much spotlight.

Though I also I've never gotten why some fans seem so against evolutions that aren't near visual match ups, even Pokemon has evolutions that are more thematically connected then they are visually connected, not to mention some of the extreme larvae to juvenile/adult transformations that can happen in real life.
    You are not obliged to like all of anything, but the franchise also doesn’t revolve around you, or fans in general. Fans are not responsible for its good years, or its bad years; the series is responsible for its own success or failures.

The dirty secret at the heart of Digimon is, its never had a Beast Wars

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast