With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: so which mega form will toei use for tailmon in digimon adventure tri?

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by hope-endlessly View Post
    The problem with threads like this is that they're speculative at best.

They could go with Holydramon, Ofanimon, or something else entirely - what if Hikari embraces the darkness that goes along with her light and suddenly, Tailmon's mega is Mastemon?

The developers of tri. are not beholden to anything that came before it.
    I think the staff probably choose between Holydramon and Ofanimon. I don't think they are going to choose a new evolution for this case.

I see it more likely that the mega evolution of Tailmon would be Holydramon. I feel that Holydramon has been starting to be more involved in the franchise since the announcement of Tri (when Ofanimon had more prominence before). Also, Toei may still want to keep consistent with Movie 3.
    Last edited by Kon; 07-17-2016 at 10:30 AM.

I come from the net
    The problem with threads like this is that they're speculative at best.

They could go with Holydramon, Ofanimon, or something else entirely - what if Hikari embraces the darkness that goes along with her light and suddenly, Tailmon's mega is Mastemon?

The developers of tri. are not beholden to anything that came before it.
    That would be insane. But interesting. I kind of want to see that but not sure if it would be good.

So eveAs it's always been. who knows. e.e It'll be the ultimate troll if Toei doesn't even HAVE Hikari reach ultimate level in tri. . Thus making the argument of what is her TRUE Ultimate to be argued for centuries to come...

I headcannon it's going to be Holydramon and Meicoomon has Ophanimon. But that really belongs elsewhere... so i'll keep my mouth shut.

It's only fair, right?

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    So eveAs it's always been. who knows. e.e It'll be the ultimate troll if Toei doesn't even HAVE Hikari reach ultimate level in tri. . Thus making the argument of what is her TRUE Ultimate to be argued for centuries to come...

I headcannon it's going to be Holydramon and Meicoomon has Ophanimon. But that really belongs elsewhere... so i'll keep my mouth shut.
    I read recently sometimes this theory that mega evolution of Meikuumon will evolve into Ophanimon in Tri. This seems to have originated in Meicrackmon evolving on Ophanimon in Next Order.

However, we must take into account that Next Order probably can't reveal the mega evolution of Meikuumon yet. Also, Meikuumon evolved into LadyDevimon in Next Order, before Meicrackmon appeared.

Junior Commander hope-endlessly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    I think the staff probably choose between Holydramon and Ofanimon. I don't think they are going to choose a new evolution for this case.
    Oh, I wasn't saying that they WOULD do that. Just that, if they wanted to, they absolutely COULD.

I see it more likely that the mega evolution of Tailmon would be Holydramon. I feel that Holydramon has been starting to be more involved in the franchise since the announcement of Tri (when Ofanimon had more prominence before). Also, Toei may still want to keep consistent with Movie 3.
    I honestly feel like both of these digimon are equally as relevant in the franchise, or Ophanimon might still be moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    I actually believe the opposite of this, mainly because of aesthetic purposes, but yeah - that mostly belongs elsewhere.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    which has been wrong at least twice thus far...
    which ones?
    The CSA Digivice had everyone warp evolve with new dialogue, which everyone took as fact because, logically, it must have come from tri.

Thus far we've seen Vikemon and Rosemon and warp evolution had nothing to do with it

To be fair, that was released well before Tri part 2 came out. Perhaps the warp evolve dialogue was done to be consistent with Agumon and Gabumon.

As for warp evolution not (yet) being featured in Tri, I feel as if the stage-by-stage evolution was done as a means of showing Zudomon and Lilymon in Tri at least once. That and there was the recreation of the Adult to Perfect sequences. My guess is that this was the only time we'll see that and we'll only see warp evolutions for those two in future episodes. Maybe the same will go for the rest of the Digimon.

--

Regarding Tailmon's Mega form, I suspect that Ophanimon was used for the Adventure PSP game because it appears to have reused a lot of assets from ReDigitize, and Holydramon wasn't in that game except as a collectible card. They could easily have made a character model for Holydramon, but for whatever reason they didn't and just went with Ophanimon instead because it happened to be an existing asset that was already available. I could be wrong, but that's just my guess anyway. Based on that and the CSA Digivice, it'll probably be Holydramon.
    Last edited by wildwing64; 07-18-2016 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    which has been wrong at least twice thus far...
    which ones?
    The CSA Digivice had everyone warp evolve with new dialogue, which everyone took as fact because, logically, it must have come from tri.

Thus far we've seen Vikemon and Rosemon and warp evolution had nothing to do with it

To be fair, that was released well before Tri part 2 came out. Perhaps the warp evolve dialogue was done to be consistent with Agumon and Gabumon.
    But Agumon and Gabumon didn't Warp Evolve in tri. Chapter 1 either. That sequence of stage-by-stage evolutions they went through before Fusing into Omegamon had Gabumon start out as already being Garurumon.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Regarding Tailmon's Mega form, I suspect that Ophanimon was used for the Adventure PSP game because it appears to have reused a lot of assets from ReDigitize, and Holydramon wasn't in that game except as a collectible card. They could easily have made a character model for Holydramon, but for whatever reason they didn't and just went with Ophanimon instead because it happened to be an existing asset that was already available.
    ...Except Ofanimon wasn't in Re:Digitize either (except in card form like Holydramon). It only appeared in decode which came out half a year after the adventure PSP game (and probably reused the Ofanimon model created for it)

...also, don't call me Igno.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrblade View Post
    But Agumon and Gabumon didn't Warp Evolve in tri. Chapter 1 either. That sequence of stage-by-stage evolutions they went through before Fusing into Omegamon had Gabumon start out as already being Garurumon.
    Right, I should have clarified. I meant consistent, as in, the warp evolutions from the original Adventure. As much as we haven't actually seen it in Tri yet (or at all, for all we know), the recordings for the CSA Digivice were essentially a throwback to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    ...Except Ofanimon wasn't in ReDigitize either (except in card form like Holydramon). It only appeared in decode which came out half a year after the adventure PSP game (and probably reused the Ofanimon model created for it)
    Interesting. I stand corrected.
    Last edited by wildwing64; 07-18-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Junior Commander
    I honestly feel like both of these digimon are equally as relevant in the franchise, or Ophanimon might still be moreso.
    I did not explain properly.

I have noticed that between the creation of Ofanimon and the announcement of Tri, Ofanimon have a bigger prominence in the Digimon franchise than Holydramon

However, since the announcement of Tri, Holydramon seems to start to have more prominence in the franchise.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast