With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: so which mega form will toei use for tailmon in digimon adventure tri?

Quote Originally Posted by amozu16 View Post
    Because it the other Digimon's data mutates the original data. When the other digimon is supplying power to the base digimon, aspects of that digimon are left behind in the data, which is then used by the evolution algorithm.
    Except normally that's not what happens in the Adventure universe. When Agumon evolves to WarGreymon using Qinglongmon's power, the result isn't a WarGreymon/Qinglongmon hybrid, when Vamdemon absorbs his minion's data VenomVamdemon doesn't resemble any of them specificially. So reducing Jogress to the same kind of "energy" argument doesn't really work.

Also, it's less "Joint Progress" and more like giving someone a boost to help them reach the top.
    If it wasn't Joint Progress, why would the anime itself describe it using that very term?

...also, don't call me Igno.

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Because it the other Digimon's data mutates the original data. When the other digimon is supplying power to the base digimon, aspects of that digimon are left behind in the data, which is then used by the evolution algorithm.
    Except normally that's not what happens in the Adventure universe. When Agumon evolves to WarGreymon using Qinglongmon's power, the result isn't a WarGreymon/Qinglongmon hybrid, when Vamdemon absorbs his minion's data VenomVamdemon doesn't resemble any of them specificially. So reducing Jogress to the same kind of "energy" argument doesn't really work.

Also, it's less "Joint Progress" and more like giving someone a boost to help them reach the top.
    If it wasn't Joint Progress, why would the anime itself describe it using that very term?

Nor is any of that Jogress evolution. Jogress is only one type of energy transfer. Jogress is a reversible energy transfer between two digimon, which probably also explains why the digimon that results may borrow from the secondary digimon, it has to store the backup data. Whereas the transfer between Azulongmon and Agumon was an almighty sovereign giving him that power without it being reversible and VenomVamdemon simply absorbed their data without any plans reverse the process, and again, the huge power difference. Notice that when Beezlemon absorbed both Taomon and Rapidmon's power, he started taking on their characteristics before he fully processed the data. And that's what sets Jogress apart from the others and why it's called "Joint Progress"

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    That's all really just fan theory, though.

when Vamdemon absorbs his minion's data VenomVamdemon doesn't resemble any of them specificially.
    Just to have some fun with it, Snimon might have provided his insect-like exoskeleton, Tuskmon his horns, and PicoDevimon and Gizamon his fur.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Nor is any of that Jogress evolution. Jogress is only one type of energy transfer. Jogress is a reversible energy transfer between two digimon, which probably also explains why the digimon that results may borrow from the secondary digimon, it has to store the backup data. Whereas the transfer between Azulongmon and Agumon was an almighty sovereign giving him that power without it being reversible and VenomVamdemon simply absorbed their data without any plans reverse the process, and again, the huge power difference. Notice that when Beezlemon absorbed both Taomon and Rapidmon's power, he started taking on their characteristics before he fully processed the data. And that's what sets Jogress apart from the others and why it's called "Joint Progress"
    I agree that there are multiple energy transfer processes-- look at Wormmon giving Magnamon power in episode 21 of Adventure 02; he sends life energy (or something-- a green beam) into Magnamon and gives him the power to defeat Kimeramon. It seems like it's irreversible, because Wormmon dies afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    That's all really just fan theory, though.

when Vamdemon absorbs his minion's data VenomVamdemon doesn't resemble any of them specificially.
    Just to have some fun with it, Snimon might have provided his insect-like exoskeleton, Tuskmon his horns, and PicoDevimon and Gizamon his fur.

I can definitively see Pico Devimon turning into the...crotch...mouth...thing?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...3m54o1_500.gif

Ain't got no mojo...
    Not sure if the discussion in the thread's title is still ongoing, but I found something and I thought it'd be good if I shared it. I was browsing through the Premium Bandai and I saw this set of Digimon Cards based on Tri.

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000110816/

Not only does it include what appears to be Meicoomon's Mega, it also seems to confirm that Tailmon/Gatomon's Mega in Tri will be Holydramon/Magnadramon. What do you guys think about this? I was kinda hoping it'd be Ophanimon.
    Last edited by Lalo; 12-27-2016 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalo View Post
    Not sure if the discussion in the thread's title is still ongoing, but I found something and I thought it'd be good if I shared it. I was browsing through the Premium Bandai and I saw this set of Digimon Cards based on Tri.
    Yes, I saw that as well. While not definitive, it certainly lends credence to the Holydramon side of the argument.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel

Not only does it include what appears to be Meicoomon's Mega, it also seems to confirm that Tailmon/Gatomon's Mega in Tri will be Holydramon/Magnadramon. What do you guys think about this? I was kinda hoping it'd be Ophanimon.
    it's been confirmed since the 15th anniversary digivice and we already knew bout it

I seriously hope thats NOT Meicoomon's Mega form... if so thats ZERO imagination.

Huh...

So it looks like my prediction of Tailmon's Ultimate this time around being Ophanimon will turn out wrong. Holydramon it is, Holy Ring or not.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast