With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: so which mega form will toei use for tailmon in digimon adventure tri?

Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amozu16 View Post
    To be honest, Shakkoumon's the real appropriator here
    Even though Joe's Zudomon is about a decade late to the party?
    Well I mean technically when Vikemon was first introduced it was as a Jogress of both Zudomon and Shakkoumon, so I wouldn't call it late...

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ukyouluvr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    To be honest, Shakkoumon's the real appropriator here
    Even though Joe's Zudomon is about a decade late to the party?
    Well I mean technically when Vikemon was first introduced it was as a Jogress of both Zudomon and Shakkoumon, so I wouldn't call it late...
    Really? Fascinating. That's actually the most reasonable explanation for Vikemon I've heard yet, I'll take it

In the deepest pits of hell, and the deep reaches of space... Occasionally both.
    Follow Xadhoom on DeviantArt Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ukyouluvr View Post
    Really? Fascinating. That's actually the most reasonable explanation for Vikemon I've heard yet, I'll take it
    Vikemon's debut game, Tag Tamers, treats it as evolving from Shakkoumon, with Zudomon at the most/closest playing the role of optional support. MagnaAngemon was treated the same way in the game - the player could evolve it from Angemon alone, or from Angemon and Ankylomon as a Jogress. Shakkoumon -> Vikemon is just a weird-ass sequence.

The only time that specifically-Joe's-Gomamon/Zudomon was directly evolutionarily connected to Vikemon in its own right was a very long time after Shakkoumon, which was in the debut appearance of the mon - which is why, to reiterate, Shakkoumon cannot be called the 'appropriator' (insofar as there is or needs to be one) in this situation.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Ukyouluvr was referring to the D-3 toy, in which all of the Ultimates were a Jogress between one of the 02 kids' Digimon and one of the older kids' Digimon (the latter from Tag Tamers or D-1 Tamers).

Paildramon + MetalGreymon = Imperialdramon
    DinoBeemon + AtlurKabuterimon = GranKuwagamon
    Sylphimon + Garudamon = Valkyrimon
    Angewomon + Lilimon = Holydramon
    Shakkoumon + Zudomon = Vikemon
    HolyAngemon + WereGarurumon = Seraphimon
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Since Digimon is a multimedia franchise there are so many weird inconsistancies with evolution that nobody even remembers because it's been so long ago. In the D-3 HolyAngemon and Angewomon were Jogress Digimon too, like how DinoBeemon was an alternate Jogress of Stingmon and ExVmon.

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Add amozu16 on Google+ Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post

Since Digimon is a multimedia franchise there are so many weird inconsistancies with evolution that nobody even remembers because it's been so long ago. In the D-3 HolyAngemon and Angewomon were Jogress Digimon too, like how DinoBeemon was an alternate Jogress of Stingmon and ExVmon.
    The DinoBeemon I could understand (I view Paildramon as more a Veemon type Perfect level and DinoBeemon a more Wormmon type, which makes sense when you consider how the Wormmon is virtually nonexistent in Imperialdramon

Completely digital
    I always took it as Paildramon, Silphymon, and Shakkoumon are the normal evolutions of XVmon, Aquilamon, and Ankylomon and Stingmon, Tailmon, and Angemon were essentially power sources to allow perfect evolution much like the powers of the crest were required in Adventure or the holy stone for Angemon that one time in 02

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    my problem with the "only jogress to power up one digimon so it can reach perfect" is that why do they keep stuff from the other partner? for me their is no difference between paildramon and omegamon in concept, Koushiro even name drops omegamon after paildramon appeared, he said something like "happened before" which was a callback to the movie.
    Digimon Split Timeline Theory
    http://i.imgur.com/bCkMP6p.png
    Digimon All Evolution Trees
    http://imgur.com/a/osxRA

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    my problem with the "only jogress to power up one digimon so it can reach perfect" is that why do they keep stuff from the other partner? for me their is no difference between paildramon and omegamon in concept, Koushiro even name drops omegamon after paildramon appeared, he said something like "happened before" which was a callback to the movie.
    This. Outside of a few obvious examples like Omegamon and Paildramon, most Jogress products don't bear a ton of design references to all of their base components, but the idea that one component is reduced to a power source for the other kinda takes the air out of the "Joint Progress" concept, IMO.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by DontStopPataPata View Post
    I always took it as Paildramon, Silphymon, and Shakkoumon are the normal evolutions of XVmon, Aquilamon, and Ankylomon and Stingmon, Tailmon, and Angemon were essentially power sources to allow perfect evolution much like the powers of the crest were required in Adventure or the holy stone for Angemon that one time in 02

My theory exactly

Because it the other Digimon's data mutates the original data. When the other digimon is supplying power to the base digimon, aspects of that digimon are left behind in the data, which is then used by the evolution algorithm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra Seleno View Post

This. Outside of a few obvious examples like Omegamon and Paildramon, most Jogress products don't bear a ton of design references to all of their base components, but the idea that one component is reduced to a power source for the other kinda takes the air out of the "Joint Progress" concept, IMO.

Exactly, most don't reference all the base compenents for precisely that reason, some of them matter less. Also, it's less "Joint Progress" and more like giving someone a boost to help them reach the top.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast