With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 434

Thread: Theories for Tri

  1. #381
    Super Moderator Theigno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Universe No.7239/1
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,692
    [QUOTE=Shadow Shinji;306077]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    if you read Ophanimon FM's profile, it is specifically implied that she has nothing to do with light or darkness, as Lilithmon in regards to Ophanimon or even BlackSeraphimon do; the only way the appearance of FM can be justified is that Hikari (or Tailmon itself) gets angry for some reason, maybe because of some 'imposition' of this kind made by Yggdrasill, 'cause she feels betrayed by the rest of the group, she gets infected by the virus and then become fierce, who can know for sure at this point. But definetely NOT a dark evolution, at all.
    The reference book profiles are not absolute and don't necessarily apply to other universes. Tri can do whatever it wants with the Digimon it features and has done so; I mean according to his profile and other portrayals that do take direct cues from it, Hackmon is a fun, adventure loving kind of guy traveling with Sistermon in order to become a Royal Knight. So far the Hackmon shown in Tri has had nothing to do with that description. Here he is a mysterious observer, has a quite serious character and is a devout follower of the Homeostasis who occasionally seems to bump heads with the Royal Knights.
    That's quite a difference in portrayal and there's nothing terribly surprising about that. So in general I would never expect Tri to follow the profiles to the letter. They could totally say that Ophanimon Falldown mode is... a fallen angel and pretty brutal and evil looking therefore simply evil.

    ...also, don't call me Igno.

  2. #382
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,703
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    And I hope that implies that we get to the see the reverse side of the Homeostasis' role as the 'arbiter of balance'. Since Light and Dark are supposed to be in harmony, that means that if Light gets too strong, then Homeostasis SHOULD need to step in and start causing some Darkness. That's something that has never been touched on.
    It's an interesting idea. I've thought about it before. I can see it being said, though, that Homeostasis is always on the side of light so long as darkness is always the aggressor. Maybe if the powers of light launched an invasion of the Dark World Homeostasis would take issue with that.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

  3. #383
    Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wandering Island
    Posts
    675
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    The reference book profiles are not absolute and don't necessarily apply to other universes. Tri can do whatever it wants with the Digimon it features and has done so; I mean according to his profile and other portrayals that do take direct cues from it, Hackmon is a fun, adventure loving kind of guy traveling with Sistermon in order to become a Royal Knight. So far the Hackmon shown in Tri has had nothing to do with that description. Here he is a mysterious observer, has a quite serious character and is a devout follower of the Homeostasis who occasionally seems to bump heads with the Royal Knights.
    That's quite a difference in portrayal and there's nothing terribly surprising about that. So in general I would never expect Tri to follow the profiles to the letter. They could totally say that Ophanimon Falldown mode is... a fallen angel and pretty brutal and evil looking therefore simply evil.
    I can see your point, and yeah your right. The anime of Xros Wars is the best example of that with Digimon like Lilithmon, Lucemon, Neptunemon, AncientVolcamon or Huanglongmon, and despite this, it is one of my favourites. In the case you have mentioned, from what we have seen so far, Hackmon leads an autonomous lifestyle, as his official profile mentions, it's not the kind of Child Digimon that needs a Human partner to evolve or go his way. And in all appearances he has made, he is the disciple of some kind of master or ideal (Gankoomon or Homeostasis). To tell the truth, I think there are things more admissible than others. For example, imagine that Examon appears in the anime as the leader of the Seven Great Demon Lords, you'd probably thing that this is insane...
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 02-26-2017 at 01:06 PM.

  4. #384
    Red shirt
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    89
    One thing that I don't think any of us may have considered yet is that Yggdrasil might actually be the "Good Guy" as opposed to Homeostasis wanting things to remain the same, with all the problems that entails.

    Because Homeostasis wanting things to remain the same TWICE SPAWNED A FUCKING APOCALYMON.

    So yeah that is kind of a big deal, especially since the second time around GOD DAMNED MILLENNIUMON CAME ABOUT BECAUSE OF APOCALYMON.

    ..........After looking at that in context you can understand why Yggdrasil would say "No, screw you and your games Homeostasis, I am flipping over the damned Chess Board!"

    Because Millenniumon nearly Bad Ended the Entire Digimon Multiverse as a whole, and Homeostasis going "Oh that's all cleared up now, so let's not change in any way the system that originally led to that mess" would rightfully piss everyone else who operates on a Multiversal Scale off.

    So yes it might be Yggdrassil defaulting to extremes again, but like every other time she does so she actually has a damned good reason.

  5. #385
    Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by KageX View Post
    One thing that I don't think any of us may have considered yet is that Yggdrasil might actually be the "Good Guy" as opposed to Homeostasis wanting things to remain the same, with all the problems that entails.

    Because Homeostasis wanting things to remain the same TWICE SPAWNED A FUCKING APOCALYMON.

    So yeah that is kind of a big deal, especially since the second time around GOD DAMNED MILLENNIUMON CAME ABOUT BECAUSE OF APOCALYMON.

    ..........After looking at that in context you can understand why Yggdrasil would say "No, screw you and your games Homeostasis, I am flipping over the damned Chess Board!"

    Because Millenniumon nearly Bad Ended the Entire Digimon Multiverse as a whole, and Homeostasis going "Oh that's all cleared up now, so let's not change in any way the system that originally led to that mess" would rightfully piss everyone else who operates on a Multiversal Scale off.

    So yes it might be Yggdrassil defaulting to extremes again, but like every other time she does so she actually has a damned good reason.
    you mean aside from Yggdrasils side plot of Genocide to the Human race...
    Digimon Split Timeline Theory
    http://i.imgur.com/aXSNbBj.png
    Digimon All Evolution Trees
    http://imgur.com/a/osxRA

  6. #386
    Red shirt Chisana Minamoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Czechia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    73
    Well, in short: Yggdrassill is originally Eniac.... ZeedMilleniumon "infected" to Homeostasis... It would be a pretty interesting concept

  7. #387
    Red shirt
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KageX View Post
    One thing that I don't think any of us may have considered yet is that Yggdrasil might actually be the "Good Guy" as opposed to Homeostasis wanting things to remain the same, with all the problems that entails.

    Because Homeostasis wanting things to remain the same TWICE SPAWNED A FUCKING APOCALYMON.

    So yeah that is kind of a big deal, especially since the second time around GOD DAMNED MILLENNIUMON CAME ABOUT BECAUSE OF APOCALYMON.

    ..........After looking at that in context you can understand why Yggdrasil would say "No, screw you and your games Homeostasis, I am flipping over the damned Chess Board!"

    Because Millenniumon nearly Bad Ended the Entire Digimon Multiverse as a whole, and Homeostasis going "Oh that's all cleared up now, so let's not change in any way the system that originally led to that mess" would rightfully piss everyone else who operates on a Multiversal Scale off.

    So yes it might be Yggdrassil defaulting to extremes again, but like every other time she does so she actually has a damned good reason.
    you mean aside from Yggdrasils side plot of Genocide to the Human race...
    You do remember the shit Kurata pulled and how his final act nearly fucked over both worlds, right?

    Because keep in mind while his backers might have known the full story of his actions, Kurata was still sponsored by the Japanese Government.

    The Digital World was just minding it's own business before Kurata decided to be a dick and ATTEMPT GENOCIDE.

    In Tri she just seems to want to sever any means of travel between the two worlds, which given the fact that it looks like the Virus was the Creation of Humans is even with the Reset not as "heavy handed" as a full scale invasion to deal with a potential threat.

  8. #388
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,703
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Uh, Gennai says the plan is to conquer the human world, not leave it alone.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

  9. #389
    I come from the net flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,642
    This is going to probably sound super obvious and not much of a theory but I had some thoughts floating around in my head that I needed to put somewhere.

    There's a massive theme of light and darkness and balance.

    Huanglongmon's profile mentions light and darkness. I wouldn't bring this up but the narrator's speech when the Four Holy Beasts evolved mentioned light and darkness and something about Earth which are all things mentions in Huanglongmon's profile. http://wikimon.net/Huanglongmon I speculate that Megadramon as a reward for being sacrified turned into Huanglongmon and slept at the center of the Earth, similar to his profile. There's probably a strong chance that he just died and I'm reading into profile lore too much though. But the fact they used a dragon and Huanglongmon is a dragon just fits.

    Meicoomon is apparently a weapon called Libra that everybody wants to destroy the world. Libra is of course a constellation of scales representing balance. Meicoomon herself seems to have 'evil' modes and neutral modes.

    Then there's Homeostasis which seeks balance.

    And of course finally there's the newest poster that was released. I feel like all these themes are going to play out in the next movie. There's what looks like a Holy purified Meicoomon, and Tailmon evolved into a Fallen Angel.

    Also if I read into profile lore again, Ofanimon Falldown Mode is related to the concept of justice. The gods couldn't serve justice so she took it upon herself to punish evil, and Libra and scales also represent law and justice. And we have a lot of 'gods' like Homeostasis and now Yggdrasil.



    Something is happening, I don't know what but it's something. lol.
    I really hope the payoff and long wait will be worth it.

  10. #390
    Ain't got no mojo... H A K A S E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    44
    It could be possible (although not very likely) that this is the Crack Team's big debut. The Crack Team seems to have been doing a lot of things "in secret" and although the appearance of MetalSeadramon and Mugendramon could be representative of the Dark Masters' return, those 2 in specific (and Megadramon, Himekawa's partner) are part of the Crack Team. Gennai/Yggdrasil could be that secret leader of them that they haven't revealed yet and they could turn Mugendramon into Chaosdramon. This is probably a huge stretch but it's odd that they chose Mugendramon. MetalSeadramon makes sense in the context of the ocean, but Pinnochimon would make infinitely more sense as the one who scrambles them and if they were going for the 2 weakest Dark Masters (which is what I thought at first) Pinnochimon would fit there better given he was the 2nd one defeated.
    キーモン:ブラストモード
    (Kiimon Blast Mode)

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •