With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Chatroom | Digital Starlight | File Island | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Fusion Episode 11: Ice to See You, Angie

Follow Vande On Twitter Follow Vande on DeviantArt

Digimon Fusion Episode 11: Ice to See You, Angie

Episode thread for Episode 11 of Digimon Fusion

24th November on Nicktoons - check your local listings for air times.

No spoilers past this episode.

I come from the net CloneWarrior's Avatar
    The episode's leaked, so I figured I'd post this while I'm still awake.

New voice credits:
    Sparrowmon - Michelle Ruff
    Icemons - Joe Ochman & Patrick Seitz

And on to my notes:

OK, here’s something really strange. Mikey’s recap at the start uses footage from episode 29. It’s the scene where the Xros Heart/Fusion Fighters flag appears over the first three zones.

The episode title is colored light blue this episode for some reason. The others have been red, blue and purple to represent the Fusion Fighters, Blue Flare and the Bagra Army respectively. What’s this supposed to represent?

The dub seems to imply that Mikey is waking up when he smiles, as Beastmon asks him to “wake up already” and then says “about time” as he smiles.

Angie’s reaction is way more over-the-top in the dub, complaining “I guess Mikey doesn’t even need me anymore!” when all he did was smile in his sleep.

IceDevimon’s troops are not given a name caption this time.

Jeremy simply says he’ll be the “assistant general” rather than the “general’s proxy” as in the original.

And Angie calls him a jerk for no reason. God she’s insufferable.

Nene’s caption does not include the “mysterious girl” title.

Monitamon asks if Nene will see “fireworks” rather than “terrestrial digital broadcasting.” Why did they remove all of the Monitamons’ television jokes?

Nene simply says she’ll see “the true power of DigiFusion” rather than Xros Heart’s power specifically. Also is this the first time they’ve said “DigiFusion”?

Laylamon complains that the defrosting is taking too long. Lilithmon simply asked how the defrosting was going.

Laylamon does not get a name caption in the dub.

Lilithmon’s line about exploding is replaced with a line about throwing IceDevimon in the dungeon.

In the original, she simply talked about the mirror, while she explicitly mentions Daipenmon by name in the dub.

The pronunciation of Daipenmon’s name just sounds… weird. Like the word “diaper.”

Jeremy says that he’s “always head mechanic whenever we play Garage Wars: The Diesel Years.” Like with the bluffing comment two episodes ago, how exactly do any of these skills translate to video games?

Jeremy does at least deserve Angie’s scorn more for that cat pun, compared to Akari just being overly emotional and taking it out on him.

Shoutmon’s comment that the guards should “just text each other” rather than beat drums makes it sound like he was sleeping and they woke him up, rather than him being on guard duty himself.

Laylamon tells “the guards” to “take out the trash” when IceDevimon is picked up, despite it clearly being Daipenmon’s silhouette.

In the original, Akari recited a clue to the Code Crown's location that the necklace gave her. In the dub, Angie just says that the necklace will tell her where the Code Crown is without actually cluing the audience into the location.

Angie simply tells Mikey “goodbye” while Akari explicitly said she was going back to the human world.

Shoutmon getting hit in the face with a rock is censored with the standard impact screen. His getting hit by the bigger rock is also censored.

Cutemon makes a joke about all of the restaurants closing early, completely removing the dialogue about the lake being frozen. Dorulumon instead mentions a “strange light” on the lake. I see no light.

“We’ve had reports of Laylamon using mirror magic for evil.” Okay, first of all, you have never mentioned Laylamon before, Dorulumon. Why are you acting like Shoutmon should even know who that is? Second, “you’ve had reports”? Where are you getting intel from? Shouldn’t you just know that from having worked on her side in the past, as you did in the original?

“If Angie hands [the Code Crown] over, Laylamon will become too powerful to defeat.” – Since when did the Code Crown make anyone more powerful?

One of the Icemon talks like Jerry Lewis.

Rather than simply being covered with the yellow sash, Beastmon’s portrait has her breasts completely edited out.

No “It just doesn’t feel right when it’s not Akari” in the dub. In fact, Mikey is equally concerned about both Angie and Jeremy rather than simply mentioning Angie.

Laylamon manages to talk directly to Mikey despite being miles away from the castle.

“The truth is I was asleep the whole time.” – Uh, did Mikey think they weren’t aware of that?

Huh. Laylamon still threatens to remove Angie’s arm in the dub.

IceDevimon, there is a difference between a popsicle and a snow cone.

For some reason, the close-up of Daipenmon licking IceDevimon’s face is removed.

“Angie, that’s not true! You…uh…make great sandwiches!” – Wow. Just wow. Way to essentially just agree that she’s useless, Mikey.

And to make it worse, instead of saying that she supports him like in the original, Mikey essentially says nothing more than “well, you didn’t abandon me or anything” in the dub.

The very edge of Lilithmon’s top that was visible in the original was miscolored purple and as a result the entire top edited in in the dub is miscolored as well.

Lilithmon’s bloody cut is edited out.

Laylamon talks about a “strange feeling” inside her that’s “burning out of control,” like she has no idea what’s going on.

Like Lilithmon, IceDevimon was aware of his boss’s tendency to explode in the original but is surprised in the dub.

Daipenmon actually says “It burns” when Laylamon starts to explode, despite having no lines in the original or anywhere else in the dub.

Angie makes a joke about getting a tan from the light. Why take anything seriously in the dub?

The way Mikey calls Angie “my friend” sounds like he’s trying really hard to convince her he’s not interested.

IceDevimon Daipenmon Enhanced Absorbent is called IceDevimon-Daipenmon Enhancement in the dub.

“Zettaireido Jigoku no Ice Crusher”/”Ice Crusher from Hell” is dubbed as “Ice Crusher Avalanche!” (Exclamation point included).

Jeremy’s “Why did I wish for this!” line after hoping the Digimon was an ice crusher was hilarious. xp

Mikey shouts “Shoutmon Fuse! Shoutmon X4K!” instead of Shoutmon just saying his own name. The K in the name is simply pronounced as the letter K rather than as “Knight.”

Laylamon’s “surprise” at X4K breaking through the ice crusher sounds like some terrible acting.

“Burning Star Crusher” is dubbed as “Great Sword of Victory.”

Rather than admitting her underestimation of Xros Heart’s power as she did in the original, Laylamon simply blames IceDevimon for her failure.

Nene says that even the power of DigiFusion won’t be able to save Mikey. In the original she simply said his power was too hot for her.

Sparrowmon’s name is kept the same in the dub.

Christopher asks Nene whose side she’s really on. Um, isn’t it obvious she’s her own faction?

Beastmon’s Data Files calls her a Beast-type Digimon rather than a Beast Man-type. “Helter Skelter” and “Vampire Dance” become “Witch Warp” and “Mind Fogger” in the dub. Monitamon still talks about her belly-dancing bewitching Shoutmon.

The Sand Zone keeps its name in the preview for episode 12.

Mikey refers to Blastmon as the “commander-in-chief” of the Bagra Army. I really think the writers have no idea what that title means.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Beast type, huh? I think that's the first time the dub has used that (it's usually Animal).
    Read The Call!
    http://withthewill.net/threads/11064

Play Digimon Tactics CCG! Set 1: Adventure's Origins - Now looking for beta testers!
    http://withthewill.net/threads/12687

Questions or comments: hit me up on IRC at #wtw

I come from the net
    During defrosting the penguin, Ice Devimon made a musical joke about Laylamon getting down on his knees. I thought it was funny.

Edit: Future spoilers are not allowed.

Follow Vande On Twitter Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Huh. Laylamon still threatens to remove Angie’s arm in the dub.
    They kept that? That surprises me.

This time, I'll just focus on different things from CloneWarrior's notes.

The impacting shot of Knightmon impaling IceDevimon that was cut out of last episode is actually shown during the episode recap here.

Jeremy give the ToyAgumon the command of "Flamethrowers!", which could possibly be him calling their Toy Flame attack by a new dub name (the old dub name was "Plastic Blaze").

Zenjirou: "Okay, how's that?"
    Ballistamon: "Mmmm... I can move it around better!"
    Zenjirou: "I'm good at tinkering with machinery."
    Ballistamon: "Thanks."
    Akari: "Hmph. What's your deal, getting so hyped up about fighting all of a sudden..."
    Zenjirou: "Hm?"
    Ballistamon: "Akari."
    Zenjirou: "What's wrong? You seem in a bad mood?"
    Ballistmon: "Princess has Taiki all to herself."
    Zenjirou: "Oh, so that's it."
    Akari: "It's not that."
    Zenjirou: "Then what? I have to handle things in his place right now, see? I don't like to fight either, but..."
    Akari: "I know that!"
    Zenjirou & Ballistamon: "Aah!"
    Akari: "I know that, but... You idiot!"
    Zenjirou & Ballistamon: "Hm?"
    Jeremy: "Almost got it... There. See how it feels now."
    Ballistamon: "Ooh, perfect! It spins like new again."
    Jeremy: "I'm always head mechanic whenever we play Garage Wars: The Diesel Years."
    Ballistamon: "Thanks, chief."
    Angie: "Hmph. What gives? Like you're some big warrior all of a sudden?"
    Jeremy: "Hm?"
    Ballistamon: "That's harsh."
    Jeremy: "What gives? Why the attitude?"
    Ballistamon: "I think she doesn't like Mikey's new girlfriend."
    Jeremy: "Oh yeah, the crazy cat lady."
    Angie: "That's not it at all."
    Jeremy: "Then what is it? It's not like I'm taking over for Mikey forever. You don't have to get 'catty' aboutit."
    Angie: "Argh, you're such a blockhead!"
    Jeremy & Ballistamon: "Aah!"
    Angie: "Figures! You boys don't understand anything!"
    Ballistamon: "That went well."

What was originally semi-tranced Akari asking "Okasan? Are you there?" became a still fully conscious Angie going "That's a little unusual for your basic mirror. Are you in there, Mom?"

In addition to Shoutmon calling it an ordinary mirror like in the original, the dub has Shoutmon also call it ugly, suspecting that's why it's covered up.

Shoutmon: "Oh, terrific! Seven years of bad luck! Oh well."

Angie: "I wish I could just leave! Where's a taxi when you need one?!"

While sleeping, Bastemon's breast was completely erased, making her have no chest whatsoever attached to her head and shoulder.

Shoutmon's original blubbering crying dialogue to Dorulumon became simple exhaustion dialogue.

Dorulumon speaks of Laylamon's power of Angie a lot more and longer than he originally spoke of Lilithmon.

Zenjirou originally told the troops to not use weapons, for fear that they might hit Akari. Jeremy, however, merely tells them "no firing willy-nilly or there's a chance you might hurt Angie!"

Laylamon refers to the ToyAgumon as "take-apart toys."

While sliding down the side of the castle, Jeremy comments that he'll probably freeze his buns.

Zenjirou: "Don't do anything rash!"
    Taiki: "Zenjirou! But Akari's in trouble!"
    Zenjirou: "I'm sorry. I was supposed to be protecting her... It's my fault."
    Taiki: "It's our fault! You've been working really hard to cover for me while I was down!"
    Zenjirou: "But..."
    Taiki: "C'mon, let's go save Akari together."
    Zenjirou: "Together..."
    Taiki: "The two of us!"
    Zenjirou: "Okay! You can have this back."
    Taiki: "Thanks!"
    Zenjirou: "Let's go, General!"
    Taiki: "Yeah!"
    Jeremy: "What's the big idea?"
    Mikey: "It's Angie! I've gotta go save her!"
    Jeremy: "I know. It's all my fault. I never should have put myself in charge."
    Mikey: "Nah. It's cool that you took over. The truth is, I was asleep the whole time! You were doing the best you could!"
    Jeremy: "You think?"
    Mikey: "Anyhow, now I'm back and we're gonna save Angie!"
    Jeremy: "You mean that?"
    Mikey: "You don't expect me to do it all by myself, do ya?"
    Jeremy: "A team?"
    Mikey: "A team."
    Jeremy: "Then I think you're gonna need these, General."
    Mikey: "Thanks."
    Jeremy: "Let's go kick some Icemons!"
    Mikey: "Yeah!"
    Jeremy: "I love the smell of ice in the morning!"

^ Also, the above might be the first time the Icemon are referred to by name in this dub (or any Digimon English dub ever).

Lilithmon's threat to cut off Akari's arm is slightly softened to Laylamon merely saying that she'll "take [Angie's] arm." She then proceeds to make a "give me a hand" quip.

Daipenmon's first lick of IceDevimon and IceDevimon's squirmy reaction to it are cut out.

Mikey (about Laylamon saying Angie can go home): "She's lying."

Originally, it was Taiki who said the names of the four digimon who showed up to help, while here it's Angie who says their names.

Angie: "Oh, I'm getting a tan here."
    Ballistamon: "If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the exploding villain."

The PawnChessmons are merely captioned/referred to as "Pawnchessmon" in a plural manner (even later in the DigiFuse line up).

Knightmon no longer speaks in Shakespearean Ye Olde English and instead sounds more like a stereotypical King Arthur-type knight character.

Akari originally tried to stop Taiki from using DigiXros due to his condition, while here Angie tries to stop Mikey for fear that he might not be strong enough.

Angie: "Show that witch which way the wind blows!"
    Jeremy: "And turn that lard ball into snow cones for everybody!"
    Mikey: "It's fuse or lose! Everybody now, locked and coded!"

Lilithmon: "What? The Zettaireido no Crusher...! Who in the world are you?"
    Shoutmon X4K: "You wanna know? Then I'll tell you! We're Xros Heart! A bond of fierce heart that'll one day change this world! I'll never forgive you for playing around with Akari's heart! Take this, Xros Heart! Burning Star Crusher!"

Laylamon: "No. It went through my Ice Crusher like it was paper. How did you do that?!"
    Shoutmon X4K: "You really wanna know? Well since you're already whipped as a milkshake and I'm a nice guy I'll tell you! We're the Fusion Fighters, and the bond between us is stronger than any evil snowman you can dream up! And to pay you back for what you did to Angie, we're gonna totally destroy your funny-lookin' snow blower! Actually we probably would've done that either way. Take this, you over-hyped refrigerator! Fusion Fighters Great Sword of Victory!! That oughta defrost you!"

Laylamon: "Well, I should have known using any plan with IceDevimon would fail."
    IceDevimon's offscreen voice: "I am right here!"
    Laylamon: (laughs and vanishes)
    IceDevimon's offscreen voice: "Wait, don't leave me! I think this thing's gonna blow!"

THE TRUMPETING MUSIC IS THE SAME IN THE DUB AS THE JAPANESE VERSION!!! A JAPANESE MUSIC CUE IN AN ENGLISH DIGIMON DUB FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!

Beastmons breasts are covered by the yellow sash as she approaches Mikey, yet vanish from her body completely when she snuggles up to him.

Mikey: "Well, the more the merrier, I guess."
    Angie: "'Merry (marry)'s' not the word I was think of!"

Sparrowmon's voice, while youthful like in the original, isn't quite as squeaky or soft as his Japanese voice.

The next-episode preview has Mikey refer to their adventure in the Sand Zone as "no day at the beach."
    Last edited by Sabrblade; 11-24-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Is dub Sparrowmon's voice actor male or female? There was a long-standing question about her gender before the manga settled it.
    Read The Call!

Play Digimon Tactics CCG! Set 1: Adventure's Origins - Now looking for beta testers!

I come from the net CloneWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrblade View Post
    ^ Also, the above might be the first time the Icemon are referred to by name in this dub (or any Digimon English dub ever).
    This is the first time Icemon has ever appeared in the anime at all.

Also, I'm not sure, but were they ever referred to by name in the original?

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Is dub Sparrowmon's voice actor male or female? There was a long-standing question about her gender before the manga settled it.
    It's Michelle Ruff, but she's voiced young males before.

Quote Originally Posted by CloneWarrior View Post
    Also, I'm not sure, but were they ever referred to by name in the original?
    I don't think so.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

I seem to remember that they were, though not in what context. IceDevimon might have named them.
    Read The Call!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast