With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Chatroom | Digital Starlight | File Island | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Fusion Trailer and Discussion

Brian Beacock was asked about returning, but he misunderstood the question and believed the roles for the entire series had already been cast (when we're only getting the first third of the series thus far and the crossover occurs in the final third), and so said he probably wouldn't.

Not sure if it's been clarified to him that the roles he was being asked about should not have been cast yet, but here's hoping. He was a darn good Agumon in Data Squad (and an okay Takato too).
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Voicework is the last thing I'm worried about tbh. It's always pretty decent, if not great in this series. The dubbed music on the other hand..It was pretty nice during the first 4 stories, but the Data Squad ost was kinda bland save a handful of really nice background themes. Kinda hope they kick it up a notch or so with this one. Xros without exciting music just wouldn't feel right.

BTW, did they recolor that red "X" blue (from the Xros sequences), or was I seeing things? That was kinda jarring...
    Last edited by Stardramon Tamer; 07-23-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardramon Tamer View Post
    Voicework is the last thing I'm worried about tbh. It's always pretty decent, if not great in this series. The dubbed music on the other hand..It was pretty nice during the first 4 stories, but the Data Squad ost was kinda bland save a handful of really nice background themes. Kinda hope they kick it up a notch or so with this one. Xros without exciting music just wouldn't feel right.

BTW, did they recolor that red "X" blue (from the Xros sequences), or was I seeing things? That was kinda jarring...
    Noam Kamiel (Who's currently the composer for Power Rangers for Saban Brands) posted on his Linkedin page that he was doing something for Digimon Fusion. I really like his music on there especially with megaforce right now. I don't know if you'll like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardramon Tamer View Post
    Oh, snap. Glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that. That in my book kind of interferes with Xros Heart being the "red team" in a way, with Blue Flare being the "blue team."

On the other hand... maybe it was a censorship issue? That's the only thing I can think of honestly. Perhaps Marc knows something about it, or at least has an idea of why it was done.
    3DS Friend Code Jesse - 1547-5202-3440
    Primarily used for Pokemon X. If you add me, PM me so I can add you back.

I noticed that too, I kinda wrote it off as an effect for the trailer myself.

Though I guess for all we know, it looked like blood or something.

I dunno, it strikes me as pointless, either way.

Unless the trailer just spliced in some footage from a Blue Flare Digixros.
    Last edited by Sabrblade; 07-23-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Junior Commander
    for the red to blue, who knows. Maybe they are making the x's pertain to the army color. *shrugs*
    Use Chosen Children Definitely Won't Lose!!!

Gifs from Galgomon Factory. Borrowed from DigistarDBZ, JaymiSaeki, and Koji. Tagiru, Ren, Airu, Yuu, and Ryouma belong to me.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrblade View Post
    A notable problem with the new term is that it doesn't sound good in every case of it being used as a noun ("That's the real power of Digifuse!"). Swap it out with "Digixros" and it sounds fine. Alternatively, "Digifusion" would be more grammatically correct in English, and would tie in more closely with the series title.

Quote Originally Posted by Paruseruru mafubu View Post
    I'm with Vande on this one, Nick doesn't sound like Joshua Seth to me, it isn't bad though. I've been watching a few of the English episodes that have aired on Disney XD in Malaysia on YouTube, I wonder how the Nickelodeon and ultimately Vortexx airings will differ.
    How is the Malaysian dub, btw?
    If they said "That's the power of THE DigiFuse!", it would sound a lot better. As for the Malaysian Dub, don't get me started - It sounds awful! They shout constantly in the episodes and say "Digimun" lol. They imitate American accents and it's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Inpu View Post
    Oh, Zebra Xings. Forgot about those.

I suppose the fact that it's not like the components are actually "Crossing", either, would mean anything? I mean, consider if the original had used "Fuse" and the dub "Xros", would we still be getting the same complaints?

"Xros" is also kind of an ugly verb to try to conjugate, in my opinion. The only real advantage to it I can think of is that it plays into the big red X symbol we get in certain Xroses.

On another note, anyone know where "dub names" like Ashley, Zachariah, Kieran, and Yule are coming from? I can't find any source for them that doesn't lead back to the Wikipedia Digimon Fusion pages, which par for the course are devoid of sources. In fact, the only dub names I've been able to confirm (excluding the ones from that non-public trailer from way back) is "Mikey", from the Marvista website.
    Someone asked Ben Diskin on Twitter and he said "Ashley" and "Zachariah" are not even close to the real dub names.

I tweeted Ben and asked if it was true that Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was the season's director/writer and he tweeted back with "True ". He's a cool guy

Quote Originally Posted by Rangermon View Post
    If they said "That's the power of THE DigiFuse!", it would sound a lot better.
    As I've said, "Fusion" is the noun form of the verb "Fuse". "Fuse" used as a noun most commonly refers to something like an electrical fuse or idioms related to it ("Don't blow a fuse!", etc.), which isn't quite as ubiquitously attributed to combining and merging like "Fusion" does.

Junior Commander
    Fuse is another world for fusion too. It really doesn't matter. You can fuse two wires together. YOu know? It doesn't matter. Probably fits the mouth flaps better and would sound cooler to the kids.
    "Shoutmon, Cutemon, Lunamon, Coronamon. Digifuse!" Something like that.
    and ya know... It really doesn't matter. It's a word...
    Use Chosen Children Definitely Won't Lose!!!

Gifs from Galgomon Factory. Borrowed from DigistarDBZ, JaymiSaeki, and Koji. Tagiru, Ren, Airu, Yuu, and Ryouma belong to me.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast