With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Chatroom | Digital Starlight | File Island | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Fusion Airing on Vortexx this fall.

Digimon Fusion Airing on Vortexx this fall.

Thanks to an ad in Cynopsis Kids, we have confirmation that Digimon Fusion will also be airing this fall on Vortexx in addition to the previously announced run on Nickelodeon.

Still no news on dates yet, but we should get them relatively soon (hopefully.)

The previous Digimon Fusion thread ended here

Update- Thanks to Rangercrew for sending these over.

Image ThumbnailImage Thumbnail
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

First reaction: I was afraid this would happen. Sure, it was inevitable, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

This will likely mean one of two things regarding the dub:

1) The version of Fusion that will air on Vortexx will be further edited from a much less-edited version that will air on Nick, thus anyone interested in what is changed from the original will have to watch both versions of each episode to catch all the edits twice over.

2) The version of Fusion airing on Nick will already be edited down enough to air on Vortexx from the get-go, resulting in a single edited version, but one that abides by the CW's BSnP despite its main home being on Nick, whose BSnP is much less strict than that of the CW, and will most likely be edited down far greater than it would need to be for cable broadcast.

In other words, I don't like excessive censorship.

Second reaction: WOOOOOOOOOO, Spectacular Spider-Man! I missed a lot of it the first time around when it aired on Disney XD, now I'll get another chance to catch up on it!
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Junior Commander
    Lost Galaxy showed unedited. So don't assume Fusion will be heavily edited.
    Last edited by nintenfan; 06-05-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Lost Galaxy was already made fitting within the limitations of terrestrial television BSnP. It wasn't edited because it didn't need to be, unlike JLU, DBZ Kai, TF: Prime, and likely Fusion.

I mean, Xros Wars on its own couldn't possibly air unedited on American children's television (Mervamon alone is proof of that), so it would at least have to be edited to some extent for Nick. But with Vortexx also airing it, it'll have to be further edited to meet the standards of the CW, which could either lead to two different edited dubs or a single edited dub that puts the CW's standards above those of Nick.

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    It will be very heavily edited on Vortexx. I thought they couldn't have possibly edited Dragon Ball Z any more than the Funimation dub did in the 90s, I remember when Kids WB aired it some years ago and it was butchered, then Kai took it to a whole new level with Vortexx, more so than Nicktoons. The eternal dragon was edited out of the intro and Mr. Popo was blue, I guess to appease possible racial sensitivities (the only black guy in the universe in a role of servitude I guess being the reason) and that is just a few little things. I can't imagine how much they'll airbrush and edit out for Fusion. I will defiantly catch it on Nicktoons, thank goodness for the groups that brought us the subs for the original. There is way to much political correctness right now, I remember when My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic debuted on the Hub and the far-left feminist publication Ms. by Kathleen Richter chastised it as being racist, as the only two presumably dark-colored ponies as she saw it where slaves to the white pony overlord (the two gray-colored guards protecting the white-colored alicorn princess on her throne in the intro). My nieces love this show and I never even would have thought of the show as having racial undertones, something the creator Lauren Faust adamantly denied. She went on to say it sent a negative message that the rainbow colored pony was reminiscent of a stereotypical tomboyish lesbian. I thought sexual orientation was never discussed in these things, I certainly would have never seen it but maybe I don't look for those things in a children's program, I know the kids don't, this thing was a phenomenon. That is just an example of how ridiculous things in this country have gotten. So yeah, get ready for another heavily edited, watered down English dub like 4Kids would put out, with a nearly preschool television rating.
    Last edited by Paruseruru mafubu; 06-05-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

“Guardian Deities” X-Evolution 「守護神 Shugoshin ゼヴォリューション Zevoryūshon」
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps51c69459.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4ae9aec3.jpg

TF: Prime suffered the same fate during its Vortexx run, and I know this because I'm the fan who's been doing all those extra thorough episode comparisons noting each and every minute detail that was edited for its Vortexx broadcast (and it hasn't been fun).

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrblade View Post
    TF: Prime suffered the same fate during its Vortexx run, and I know this because I'm the fan who's been doing all those extra thorough episode comparisons noting each and every minute detail that was edited for its Vortexx broadcast (and it hasn't been fun).
    No kidding, I'm never been a fan of Vortexx or 4Kids for that matter, they ruined the Winx Club I always thought, fans grew up with this version and criticized the Nick dub which was far better and closer to the original Italian. That is just another example, Yu-Gi-Oh! being another.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")

Quote Originally Posted by Paruseruru mafubu View Post
    I The eternal dragon was edited out of the intro and Mr. Popo was blue, I guess to appease possible racial sensitivities (the only black guy in the universe in a role of servitude I guess being the reason) and that is just a few little things.
    Mr. Popo looks dangerously close to Blackface, it's not about servitude.

I have to ask, what edits did TF: Prime and Justice League Unlimited go through? I haven't watched those shows on Vortexx and they're probably closer to what we should expect for Fusion then Kai (ignoring things like Mervamon since no matter which channel she's on, she's getting edited) so I'm curious what could happen.

I grew up watching Batman, Spiderman and Superman animated in the early and late 90s, all boys did, these are incredibly old shows, Batman being more than 20 years old (now airing on the Hub) with Spiderman not far behind so I don't think they were really heavily edited in syndication, they were always children's programs, some fantasy violence but I think the worst thing they ever showed was punches being thrown. Batman was more of an old 40s detective show really, reminiscent in some ways of old Dick Tracy cartoons. He solved all of his problems by being smart and witty, using ingenious gadgets and sleuthing powers but occasionally got into a skirmish with some monster or something. I don't ever really recall a lot of violence, just a great gray, dreary Gotham setting like 20s Chicago in the gangster era. Superman had several crossovers with Batman like Spiderman did with the X-Men, another old 90s show. I don't know much about Prime but I loved Justice League Unlimited, nothing as far as censorship on Vortexx has stood out to me, it was never really overly violent like Dragon Ball to begin with, just punches and a lot of alien powers.

Junior Commander
    I think it's more Parents Television Council and The FCC than 4Kids! and Vortexx. They have ruined Saturday Morning Cartoons on TV with all these regulations and Etc on violence. Why did you think Power Rangers had Kalish/Koichi/Back Explosions in SPD to RPM?
    Last edited by nintenfan; 06-05-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast