With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Chatroom | Digital Starlight | File Island | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Tamers DVD Boxset Confirmed, w/ Coverart

Digimon Tamers DVD Boxset Confirmed, w/ Coverart

While not officially listed by New Video yet, Amazon has put up a page for Digimon Tamers on DVD.

Image Thumbnail

The MSRP will be $79.99 like prior seasons, with a release date of June 11, 2013. The current preorder price is cheaper, and likely to go down more.

Amazon Pre-order page for Digimon Tamers on DVD
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

The interesting thing is, bypassing the logo Tamers used in the USA for it's initial release... this logo appears to be an adaption of the Japanese Tamers logo with a few interesting things.

They normalized the D in the 'Digimon Tamers' text, instead of using the stylized D.

The 'Digimon' text itself, while styled to pseudo-match the Japanese text in the Tamers logo, comes across more as a mix of the Data Squad logo trying to emulate the classic English Digimon font.

It's kind of neat, but comes across as a bit messy because of Digimon being there twice.

I think what would have worked better... use the English Season 3 logo, but replace 'Digital Monsters' with Tamers. Of course... that logo may not have been available for whatever reason.

Still, kind of neat to see a new design that had some effort in it, even if it's a bit odd.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

God bless New Video. Tamers is my favorite season, consider it pre-ordered.

Really glad they didn't use the stock character art like they did for the past two seasons, since the Tamers ones are just standing straight forward and are kinda bland. Makes me wonder how Frontier will look, since at the rate they are announcing these I can't imagine they won't release it now.

Pretty neat that they actually call it Tamers too. The new logo is kinda cool but messy...I can't help but notice the bottom of the N sticking out there.

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    Awsome, just preordered it.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

“Guardian Deities” X-Evolution 「守護神 Shugoshin ゼヴォリューション Zevoryūshon」
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps51c69459.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4ae9aec3.jpg

Completely digital viperzerof-2's Avatar
    so yea shut up and take my money

but this is great i love tamers i like the cover too

Ain't got no mojo... ImNotThePro's Avatar
    Follow ImNotThePro On Twitter Add ImNotThePro on Facebook Visit ImNotThePro's Youtube Channel Visit ImNotThePro's Xbox Live Profile
    On Amazon it has the Japanese VA's listed. Wonder why?

EDIT: sorry, that was the director, producer and etc.
    Last edited by ImNotThePro; 02-08-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagaren Gao View Post
    Really glad they didn't use the stock character art like they did for the past two seasons, since the Tamers ones are just standing straight forward and are kinda bland. Makes me wonder how Frontier will look, since at the rate they are announcing these I can't imagine they won't release it now.
    It's worth mentioning, these are stock character art pieces, just not the ones most Digimon fans have memorized. I don't recall where all the pieces are from, but the Takato one, for example, was last used for the American release of the Tamers MMO.

Pretty neat that they actually call it Tamers too. The new logo is kinda cool but messy...I can't help but notice the bottom of the N sticking out there.
    They actually did this with the other sets (using the Japanese title that is... well... half with 02...) but they didn't change the logo. I"m guessing they did it for one of three reasons. 1- There's a legal issue with the dub Tamers logo. 2- They don't have proper assets for the logo. 3- They want to create brand separation, showing this is season 3 of a franchise, but not the 'same show', which the dub logo wouldn't do.

Follow ImNotThePro On Twitter Add ImNotThePro on Facebook Visit ImNotThePro's Youtube Channel Visit ImNotThePro's Xbox Live Profile
    I wonder what's up with it listing a run time of 480 minutes? That equates to 24 episodes. They must have made a mistake.

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNotThePro View Post
    I wonder what's up with it listing a run time of 480 minutes? That equates to 24 episodes. They must have made a mistake.
    Maybe this is just the first set they're going to do. I can't remember seeing an entire season released in 1 set, though I could be wrong.

Season 1 was and Season 2 is. They'll probably do individual sets but they wouldn't include more than 1/3 of the show.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast