With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Chatroom | Digital Starlight | File Island | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggest Questions for New Video

Suggest Questions for New Video

On Friday I'll be sending a few questions to New Video for them to answer regarding their Digimon sets for a Q and A that they've graciously agreed to do.

I already have an idea what I'm going to ask, but feel free to suggest ideas, it's always possible I missed something.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Add XD375 on Facebook Visit XD375's Xbox Live Profile
    Is a set containing the unreleased movies a possibility?

Junior Commander
    How Likely can you release the other seasons? Has Saban's deal with Toei that reacquired the show affected future Digimon releases?

Is there a reason why you went with the original US Masters?
    Last edited by nintenfan; 01-30-2013 at 05:27 AM.

Follow Vande On Twitter Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    How likely is it that the UK are going to get the DVDs?

I checked their website, and...

http://www.newvideo.com/?s=digimon&button-search=

Adventure season 1, containing the first 21 episodes, had a street date of Nov. 6, 2012.

Adventure season 2, containing (I presume) the next 18 episodes, has a street date of Mar. 26, 2013.

The complete first season of Adventure had a street date of Oct. 9, 2012.

The complete season of Adventure 02 has a street date of Mar. 26, 2013.

Does New Video plan to continue releasing complete seasons followed by parts of seasons? And the complete season 1 lists 'Bonus: Joe's Battle' on the disc containing the last episodes. Could they tell us a little more about that? Because I did a little bit of research, and it seems like the only changes that were made in the dub was dialog (Joe's Battle is the title of episode 50, the first episode on disc 8). Why do they call that episode a bonus? Or rather, since 'Bonus' is preceded by a comma and followed by a semicolon (the list of episodes on discs 1-7 all come after the semicolon), is New Video implying that the entirely of Disc 8 (the last 5 episodes of the season) is a bonus?

I'm curious. Was this an error on their website, or does the complete first season set include bonus episode footage, or...? Because the complete Adventure 02 page doesn't list the episode titles or which discs they're on.

And since the complete first season set includes a 'Gallery Featuring Over 40 Behind-the-Scenes Sketches,' if future season sets include bonus material, would it be similar to this or could it include interviews with the Japanese and/or American cast and crew?

And I notice that the complete set for Adventure includes 'behind-the-scenes' sketches while the complete set of Adventure 02 includes 'Villain' sketches. When they say 'behind-the-scenes sketches,' are those part of the storyboard, or early character sketches, or... what exactly is that?

"Rockmon" and "SnowBotamon" or "Golemon" and "YukimiBotamon"?

Basically, will initial-airing goofs like this that were corrected in reairings be included in the DVDs, or will the fixed versions be used?

(Hope I'm not too late to ask this )
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

I decided to wait and send them in on Monday, but I'll answer a few things here just based on what I know.

I won't be asking the UK question because that won't have anything to do with New Video.

Most of the other questions were variants of things I was already going to ask.

In the case of Cyberdramon... a good chunk of what you ask if quite frankly answered by owning the set (or looking at discussions on the set) and wouldn't be appropriate to ask for a Q and A, but I'll go ahead and answer them myself.

That paragraph is a mess. I believe it's that disk 8 is being labeled as the disk that has the 'bonus' on it, not that the disk or any episodes itself is a bonus, just being labeled to say 'this disk has bonus content on it'. This is a case of trying to read something as a fan, when the entry on the site is being put up more for purchasers for stores (or at least using that material rather than a more marketing standard list.)

Season 1s entry is likely more detailed due to the fact that the set had to be actively 'sold' to stores to stock it, showing how much content it has, etc. With season 2, stores will likely be looking at their Season 1 sales to decide what to stock for season 2.

Season 1 and 2 have no interview material, it seems unlikely they'd start post those if they did more seasons. The sets while they appear expensive because they are being done in big season long releases, the actual cost is rather small, which suggests the budget is being put towards getting the DVDs on the shelf.

The sketches for Adventure are lineart material for the show. The images are a selection that were rather common to see on Digimon sites over a decade ago, but that modern fans may not have seen.

Sabr, your question was going to be asked in a different way, but I'll likely reword it to include your specific question.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    The sketches for Adventure are lineart material for the show. The images are a selection that were rather common to see on Digimon sites over a decade ago, but that modern fans may not have seen.
    I'm guessing all the drawings of the kids in their underwear didn't make it in there.
    Read The Call!
    http://withthewill.net/threads/11064

Play Digimon Tactics CCG! Set 1: Adventure's Origins - Now looking for beta testers!
    http://withthewill.net/threads/12687

Questions or comments: hit me up on IRC at #wtw

If you could, could you also ask them if their future DVD sets will be closed caption? Because I really don't want to buy it twice again (DVD and itunes, itunes having the caption). Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Sabr, your question was going to be asked in a different way, but I'll likely reword it to include your specific question.
    Cool, thanks. I honestly wish I could recall more examples than just the ones I mentioned from episode 25 of Zero Two to provide a wider spectrum to list, but those are what I remember most and not much else off the top of my head.

Guess I may need to look up some more info.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast