With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: File Island Suggestions/Submissions/Support

I come from the net

File Island Suggestions/Submissions/Support

So, here's the shiny new dedicated File Island thread. Have something to submit? Post it here. Questions, comments or concerns? Post it here.

All I ask is that you be polite, and please be patient with your submissions, as Blade and I do have lives and sometimes, some submissions take a little longer than others to process. (We're only human! Have mercy!)

Follow terranakari on DeviantArt

Re: File Island Suggestions/Submissions/Support

Thank you =) i'm sorry i sounded like a biotch before. i jsutr don't know how to word things lol

If it's ok i'd RLY like to make a suggestion, if you'd like help maybe I can find someway/someone who can help. But i think we should put up more pixels on the US/EU digimon devices. Or at least a gallery with pictures until we get pixels, that way people know what digimon are on those digivces as well, because not all the digimon are the same as other varying languages. (if this makes no sense let me know so i cvan rephrase lol.)

we could have it set up just like the japanese ones were its like this;(Example)

[]D-3(US/EU)
    -introduction
    -items
    -profiles
    -Gallery
    -Guides

or something like that, with as much info as the others and with each respecting version, cuz some are completely different then other. ya know what i mean? lol i think this would rly help uys out =3 i know it would have helped me out alot in the past.

maybe we could even have different categories depending on languages, like how theres a section for Japanese, and the rest are in "other" we could also do "English" and another section for "European". Since sometimes the english devices and the european ones are completely different.

idk just an idea <=3 please don't call me stupid..... (has been afraid of ideas being rejected)
    Life is just a story in the end... So make it a good one.

It would be great if we could fix the jogress simulator in the pendulum section as it displays some matches as not compatible.
    And also Airdra, a while back I've sent you the official evolution chart pictures of the 3 Digimon Mini Versions. You said you are going to put them up once you have time. That was a year ago if not a little bit more (and I also understand that you have a real life and stuff to do so I am not judging you in any way ). It would be really nice if you could put them up as it would make the Mini section look nicer. So if you have time, could you please upload them. If you don't have the pictures, I can resend them to you.

One thing that could be interesting to me would be an alphabetical list of digimon, what games (etc.) they appear in, and their LCD art for that appearance.

Part of the reason is that I do some LCD editing for the DMA. A lot of the LCD images it has were edited by "the LCD site" (the DVR), some with a fair bit of appendage-adding which I feel takes away from the original image. So far, I think that File Island has the most complete source for the original LCD images but it isn't always the easiest thing to search for which page a particular digimon's LCD will be if it isn't a partner digimon.

————

I also agree that English-version information could be handy (and hopefully something to dispel false rumors such as "HoppingRockmon&quot. I personally have an English version but have been unable to find a guide that deals with what digimon are actually available on the particular version.

[quote author=Lhikan634 link=topic=16596.msg219780#msg219780 date=1320255430]
    I also agree that English-version information could be handy (and hopefully something to dispel false rumors such as "HoppingRockmon&quot. I personally have an English version but have been unable to find a guide that deals with what digimon are actually available on the particular version.
    [/quote]

This! I feel the exact same way lol i have Takato's European, Japanese AND English digivices, and all of them are different, in many ways, and i wanna know which partners i can get etc. etc. =) well, it'd be good to know anyways lol

It would def. help with my problem of not knowing if lopmon is in any digivices or not.

I come from the net

I will say that right now, my priorities with the site mostly involve getting the Xros Wars stuff up to date.

I've also been thinking about putting up a page with Digimon Ver. Wonderswan information and evolution requirements since it does come up from time to time, but I don't know how much of a pet project that'd be or if anyone even needs or wants that.

And now responding to everyone in turn...

@ terran: I'm thinking about the best way to put better English guides into action, but at the same time I'm inclined to prioritize getting what we do have a bit better organized and such. ^^;; I am not saying a flat-out "no" by any means, it's just that there is a bit of stuff that needs to be done and I'd like to do to clean up our Japanese information first.

@ Blade-Greymon: I keep forgetting about that thing...I know nothing about coding, and so I'm definitely not the one to be giving you any information on the status of the Jogress thing, sorry. However, it's still active at the old File Island archive, which is here. Also, I appear to have misplaced those files, and I would be grateful if you could resend them. ^^;; I think I'd saved them somewhere, but I can't find them to save my life.

@ Lhikan: I'd have to think about how the charts and stuff would be organized, heh. It's an interesting idea, not something I would have thought of straight away.

[quote author=Airdra link=topic=16596.msg219845#msg219845 date=1320333002]
    I will say that right now, my priorities with the site mostly involve getting the Xros Wars stuff up to date.

I've also been thinking about putting up a page with Digimon Ver. Wonderswan information and evolution requirements since it does come up from time to time, but I don't know how much of a pet project that'd be or if anyone even needs or wants that.

And now responding to everyone in turn...

@ terran: I'm thinking about the best way to put better English guides into action, but at the same time I'm inclined to prioritize getting what we do have a bit better organized and such. ^^;; I am not saying a flat-out "no" by any means, it's just that there is a bit of stuff that needs to be done and I'd like to do to clean up our Japanese information first.

@ Blade-Greymon: I keep forgetting about that thing...I know nothing about coding, and so I'm definitely not the one to be giving you any information on the status of the Jogress thing, sorry. However, it's still active at the old File Island archive, which is here. Also, I appear to have misplaced those files, and I would be grateful if you could resend them. ^^;; I think I'd saved them somewhere, but I can't find them to save my life.

@ Lhikan: I'd have to think about how the charts and stuff would be organized, heh. It's an interesting idea, not something I would have thought of straight away.
    [/quote]

I like the wonderswan idea. =3 I know personally i was thinking of doing stuff involving that and I know it'd help me out so i'd imagine it'd help otehr people too lol.

I understand ^_^ (the needing to clean up the japanese ones first i mean)

If it means anything i've made charts for the minis as well and have them saved to my computer and could send you the pics for you to check out as well. =) just a suggestion though ^^

I come from the net

Guides for the devices that don't yet have them, or even lists of Digimon/items, will need input from people who are experts on the device in question.

For most of my non-Japanese devices, I never even finished playing through the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by "Airdra"
    I don't have the Xros Wars items, so that will need to be mostly your job. I'll see what I can do about some of the other things.

Quote Originally Posted by "Blade-Greymon"
    It would be great if we could fix the jogress simulator in the pendulum section as it displays some matches as not compatible.
    If it's giving the wrong answer for some cases, please can you tell me which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by "Blade-Greymon"
    And also Airdra, a while back I've sent you the official evolution chart pictures of the 3 Digimon Mini Versions. You said you are going to put them up once you have time. That was a year ago if not a little bit more (and I also understand that you have a real life and stuff to do so I am not judging you in any way ). It would be really nice if you could put them up as it would make the Mini section look nicer. So if you have time, could you please upload them. If you don't have the pictures, I can resend them to you.
    I'd be happy to sort those out, if one of you can send me them.

Quote Originally Posted by "terranakari"
    maybe we could even have different categories depending on languages, like how theres a section for Japanese, and the rest are in "other" we could also do "English" and another section for "European". Since sometimes the english devices and the european ones are completely different.
    They are classed as "Japanese" and "other" because in most cases, that's where the dividing line is for two different devices with the same basic appearance. The D-Power is the only one that's different between the US and Europe.

There are, for example, significant differences between the three versions of the non-Japanese D-3. And the US didn't get v3. But the US v1 is exactly the same as the Europe/Asia v1. So splitting those by region doesn't make sense.

oooooh ok, i didn't know that XD if thats the only differences then maybe we/you could divide it like, inside the selection? Like list(in details) the differences in each and give good details and explanations on everything. =)

idk if what i said makes sense lol if you need me to explain let me know.

Also, i went back and looked at the pictures/charts i thought i made for the minis and i was wrong, i made two charts for the Twins L&R which look just like the mini ones i mimicked from someone else. If you'd still like both sets of pictures let me know. =)

I have alot of the english/european digivices and i've never "beaten" them, but i've been figureing everything out about them and writing it down as if it were a walkthrough/stratedgy guide. The one i've been focusing on though is my European Ultimate D-power(which is a v3). It's a tricky device to understand but i've been getting help from alot of other people, i do not however plan on finishing the game since i just got a new european d-power version 1 that im going to start playing and my husband is going to take over the ultimate d-power and restart it. I can however share what info. i have so far. =3

I come from the net

Yes, I'm planning to have some different pages for each version of the non-Japanese devices, when there's enough information to do so. (Like some of the Japanese devices have separate guide/item pages for each version.)

I'd be interested to see what you have.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast