With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: For Whoever Is Interested

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Well, I have a pretty major update this time. Since it's impossible for me to make a living from writing fiction at this stage of my career (and, frankly, at my current rate of production), I've been looking for a job the past few months and have managed to find one as an assistant mail carrier with the post office. It's not the ideal job, and will probably be hard, but it pays well, and if something better ever comes along in future I can make the switch. Tomorrow I go in for orientation. Not sure what happens after that, but once I start working my schedule will change drastically. I'll be on much earlier hours, for one thing, and will have considerably less free time. Because I'm basically a substitute for regular mail carriers, my work schedule will be a little unpredictable (I was told to expect to work between 36 hours and 56 hours a week; I'm hoping it's closer to the former). Not sure what effect this will have on my creative efforts. I may be too exhausted to put much effort into them, or time constraints may lead me to better manage the time I do have.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Ah sorry to hear that TMS. Hopefully you'll be able to write in the future etc. If you have to use public transport to get to work, remember that is time to work on ideas/write things down.

I wish you the best of luck, tms. It's great you atleast got your foot in the door!

The newest pop idol group!
    Fluffy and Cute!

This weekend marks a sort of milestone for me, since I've just "sold" my first story to the Manor House podcast, which will eventually produce a reading of it. I say sold in quotation marks because the story, "Worm Hollow," was previously self-published in my second collection, I won't actually be getting paid anything for it unless Manor House eventually publishes it in a book. Even so, it's nice to get some exposure, and to have a publisher judge something of mine worthy of publication.
    MY PROJECTS
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]

Well, time marches on. Can't believe it's been over half a year since my last post in this thread. Life goes too damn fast.
    ...Anyway, I've got three announcements to make here that some forum members might find interesting to a greater or lesser degree.

First off, before too long I hope to self-publish a print-on-demand paperback through CreateSpace. It'll be titled Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories, and will contain all of the stories from my two previous e-books, along with another of those prefaces I apparently love writing. I thought about maybe including some new stories in it as well, but I decided against it, since it'll be harder to sell them to other publishers if I self-publish them first. I don't expect the book will sell very many copies, but it will be nice to have a book on my shelves (and a few other people's shelves) with my name on it. Right now I'm trying to figure out what a good cover design would be. Naturally I'll link to the book once it's published.

Secondly, although we haven't yet shared our progress on the forum, Frankie (DHxF25) and I have continued working on the Digimon Tactics CCG. I don't want to spoil too much at the moment, but before long we'll be posting info in the main Tactics thread about our cool new card templates (sharing some of the cards we've put together) and our newly settled plans regarding the game's future.

And, finally, today I was offered the position of admin on Wikimon, and I decided to accept. It's a commitment; hopefully it doesn't take up too much of my time, but I'm happy to help, and it should facilitate things as far as my attack descriptions project goes. The user who had started screwing up the attack descriptions the past few days was banned yesterday, so things should be calming down a little. I think, to avoid future argument and confusion, that I'll look into citing sources for the attack descriptions instead of just for the attack names. That way if anyone doubts the descriptions or wants to dispute them they can use YouTube or whatever to see for themselves what the attacks look like.

And... that about covers it. Thanks for reading. Any comments/questions about anything are welcome.
    MY PROJECTS

Wikimon admin? Sweet! Let me know if you ever need some obscure Japanese translated.

I can't wait to see the Tactics and Collecting in Darkness stuff come to fruition!
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Awesome to hear, on all 3 points. If possible, I'd like to have a way of following what attack descriptions are validated and which are ruled as being fake. I've still been partnering with the German Digimon Wiki, and it's become quite evident that the original authors made up a ton of BS in this area as well. Some sort of compendium (that I think you mentioned elsewhere? That or a failed attempt at Inceptionů) would prove useful to what I'm doing as well.

As far as the attack thing goes, it should be easier for me to keep things accurate now that I'm a Wikimon admin. Thanks to Ainz, we now have a new template that will let us switch between various attack descriptions (you can see it here with Dead or Alive), and we're going to start sourcing the descriptions as well as the attack names. I'm going to start over on my going down the list of Digimon and verifying that their attack descriptions are accurate and complete, making use of that new template. Before I do that, however, I'd like to finish figuring out what the original Korean names for all of the attacks were in the Korean MMOs, and seeing what Japanese attack names they match up with. I'm working on that for Digimon RPG, and will be doing Digimon Masters after that. Once I have that list it'll facilitate things and prevent us from making mistakes when it comes to attack identification.

To give an example of what I mean by a mistake, Renamon in RPG and Masters has an attack called Touhakken in the English version, which is the name of one of Renamon's Japanese attacks, so previously I had assumed that "Touhakken" was, well, Touhakken. Then I look into the Korean version and find that the attack was actually supposed to be the attack whose Japanese name is Kohenkyo.
    MY PROJECTS

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678