With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2431323334

Thread: The Call (Complete)

Hey TMS. I've been trying to catch up with this for the past week, but I recently discovered that Japanese cell phones block access to FFn. I don't suppose you have this fic uploaded somewhere else so I can finally read it?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I don't have it uploaded anywhere else yet, but I'd be willing to put it out there. Did you mean putting it on another website, or should I upload it as a Word document or something?
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Another site or a google doc works just as well as the other. AO3 seems to be the popular place for fanfic these days. And it actually loads on my JP phone carrier...
    Last edited by Jay Ukyou; 03-09-2017 at 01:17 AM.

It's past my bedtime tonight, but I'll look into it tomorrow. Looks like AO3 as a whole takes fan fiction a hell of a lot more seriously than I do, and I'm not really drawn to the fanworks community aspect, but I'll consider it.
    MY PROJECTS
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]

I'm not sure how you can look at your 130+ chapter epic and think that you didn't take it seriously enough to be in any archive.

Well... my feelings towards The Call are complicated. It's the first novel I've completed, and represents five years of work, but it's still just a fan novel. All of the time that I put into it might have been better put into professional fiction for which I'll be remembered, rather than derivative fiction that's only half mine and whose literary value is questionable. I took it seriously when writing it, but not in the same way that I take my professional fiction seriously. Since The Call is "anime," there was a lot of melodrama and unrealistic characterization that I would try to avoid in writing "serious" fiction. But anyway, after giving it some more thought I probably will put the story up on AO3. For better or worse, Digimon is already a huge part of my life. I'll post here again when it's ready.
    MY PROJECTS

Well, I have gotten my invite and started uploading The Call to Archive of Our Own. I opted not to use Archive Warnings for it, mostly because there was some gray area there as to whether some of them applied or not. Unfortunately, I have to redo the formatting for each chapter, so it's taking a while to get the whole thing uploaded. But I'll keep working on it in my free time. As of this post the first 41 chapters are up.

http://archiveofourown.org/users/TMS/works
    MY PROJECTS

Yay it works! I can finally read it when I actually have time to read!

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2431323334